Torn Label Releases/Events

Know of any new beer releases to the area? Share some info here.
drawkward82

Torn Label Releases/Events

Post by drawkward82 » May 5th, 2015, 1:25 pm

Hey guys, we have a handful of events and releases coming up so I thought I'd consolidate them in one thread (and I'm combining both events and releases here so I'm not cluttering the boards up too much). There's only a few right now but we have a bunch of new releases in the pipeline so I'll add on to this thread as we go.

May 7th, 6:30: Grain to Glass. Our flagship lineup plus special releases on tap, and we'll be on hand to talk to area homebrewers about the process of each
May 8th, 6pm: Young Friends of Art Happy Hour at the Nelson-Atkins Museum. Pouring beer at this miniature beer fest benefiting the KC Pet Project
May 9th: Meet the Brewers event, Whole Foods taproom Olathe. We'll be at this tap takeover from 4-6. Mostly our special releases at this event, along with the debut of our latest release:

Tongue-Lash, hoppy sour ale
Description:
Our dry-hopped sour ale is an unexpected collision of flavors. Tongue-Lash picks up its tart, acidic qualities from kettle souring rather than pitching wild yeast, and a generous addition of tropical, zesty Amarillo hops makes this offering even more vibrant. Citrusy notes of fresh tangerine and grapefruit on the nose blend with a touch of white grape skin aromas that only hint at the funky qualities to come. The flavor is unmistakably tart and mouth-puckering but consummately refreshing, and the juicy, floral character of the hops contribute to an overall tannic, sour mango profile.
ABV: 5.1% IBU: 41

Whole Foods event will be the first tapping of that limited release, with distribution to Kansas beginning immediately afterward, and to Missouri as soon as we have MO label approval.

A whole lot more info to come on new releases, taproom build-out updates, bottling, etc. that I'm really excited about, but I'll leave it at that for now. . .

quislet

Re: Torn Label Releases/Events

Post by quislet » May 5th, 2015, 4:23 pm

Thanks for the information. You really know how to "paint a picture" with your beer descriptions! I can't wait to try Tongue-Lash. Mind sharing what other beers you will be bringing to Whole Foods on the 9th? I was there last night enjoying a pizza and a Quadjillo for $8 for their Monday night special. It was glorious. :)

keezer

Post by keezer » May 5th, 2015, 4:44 pm

Thanks Rafi. I'll be there on May 9. Looking forward to the sour. I was pleased to get the last pour of Leap of Faith on Saturday, but bummed that it was only half a glass. I still think it's the best locally produced IPA.

Jake1605

Post by Jake1605 » May 5th, 2015, 7:35 pm

$8 is a steal for pizza & beer from a Whole Foods.

drawkward82

Post by drawkward82 » May 6th, 2015, 12:24 pm

quislet wrote:Thanks for the information. You really know how to "paint a picture" with your beer descriptions! I can't wait to try Tongue-Lash. Mind sharing what other beers you will be bringing to Whole Foods on the 9th?
Ha, so much of my typical day is spent filing tax forms, obtaining label approval, or tracking the financials that when I finally get to work on something actually related to beer, I take the opportunity to get as flowery/pretentious with my beer descriptions as possible!

Besides Tongue-Lash at Whole Foods, it'll be Cafe Dubbel, Quadjillo, Leap of Faith and House Brew on the 9th.
keezer wrote:Thanks Rafi. I'll be there on May 9. Looking forward to the sour. I was pleased to get the last pour of Leap of Faith on Saturday, but bummed that it was only half a glass. I still think it's the best locally produced IPA.
Really appreciate that! Leap was planned as a rotator IPA and will definitely be back at some point in the next year - we hit depletion on it much quicker than we anticipated, and it's safe to say it's been our most well received beer so far - but no guess as to when. It'll take us a while to source some of those hops at a reasonable rate.

keezer

Post by keezer » May 7th, 2015, 8:11 pm

I returned to The Lone Elm Taproom tonight to find that Leap of Faith had returned. :D

thomas15

Post by thomas15 » May 8th, 2015, 1:21 pm

keezer wrote:I returned to The Lone Elm Taproom tonight to find that Leap of Faith had returned. :D
damn i might have to get out there soon then.
Torn Label Brewing Company

KCOptimator

Post by KCOptimator » May 8th, 2015, 2:51 pm

keezer wrote:I returned to The Lone Elm Taproom tonight to find that Leap of Faith had returned. :D
Also currently on tap at Tapcade

drawkward82

Post by drawkward82 » May 12th, 2015, 3:11 pm

Here's one we're really excited about. I suspect some of you may be as well - we are releasing a Crane Brewing/Torn Label collaboration. Here's some background from each brewery on the partnership, and some notes on the beer itself:

Torn Label on the Collaboration:
Like most of the Kansas City craft beer community, we couldn’t wait for Crane Brewing to open. Unlike most of the Kansas City craft beer community, we were in a position to do something about it - so we did. While our friends at Crane ready their space and prepare for production, we invited their team to collaborate on a recipe that their brewers and ours brewed together on Torn Label’s fifteen barrel system. We settled on a brew that represented the perfect Venn Diagram of Torn Label and Crane: a classic Belgian saison aggressively dry hopped with a creative assortment of American hops. In the lineage of Torn Label’s Alpha Pale Ale, and in great anticipation of Crane’s world class saisons, we bring you: Omega Saison. Cheers to the city’s first ever collaboration between KC distribution breweries!

Crane Brewing on the Collaboration:
After our first few run-ins with the guys from Torn Label, it was apparent that we just melded. Like-minded in our love for the craft, our creativity, and our community. What started as mutual respect has turned into friendship. The only thing we love more than brewing beer, is sharing it. We were feeling blue because we had to accept we would not be doing public events this summer. Torn Label swooped in to lift us up, as good friends do. We are honored to be a part of this collaboration and hope you enjoy this Saison reflective of both Kansas City breweries.

The Beer
Upon the very first sip, the intersection of the collaboration comes through: a generous array of bright, crisp orange peel and passionfruit aromatics harmonize with classic farmhouse notes of hay, subtle white pepper, and lemon bread. Qualities not unlike a Belgian IPA, but the incomparable Dupont yeast strain anchors this firmly to the realm of saison. A vibrant, floral finish completes the perfect marriage of bitter and Belgian.

Projected Release: Summer 2015, immediately following label approval, throughout KCMO and KCK.

Bobby Digital

Post by Bobby Digital » May 12th, 2015, 9:25 pm

Sounds glorious.