Torn Label Releases/Events

Know of any new beer releases to the area? Share some info here.
Russ

Re: Torn Label Releases/Events

Post by Russ » October 6th, 2017, 2:14 pm

i am murdering cans of Fog Machine at a silly rate.

Jake1605

Post by Jake1605 » October 6th, 2017, 2:56 pm

Great beer! Little much flower on the tongue for me. Wish it had a more fruity yeast and was double dry hopped!

hopmolester69

Post by hopmolester69 » October 6th, 2017, 3:44 pm

Jake1605 wrote:Great beer! Little much flower on the tongue for me. Wish it had a more fruity yeast and was double dry hopped!
flower on the tongue. please torn label make that a beer name, or at least a rough draft. except make it FLOUR ON THE TONGUE and put some flour in the beer and make it ultra haze like bread dough hazy.

drawkward82

Post by drawkward82 » October 10th, 2017, 2:46 pm

JRBoulevard_KC wrote:I'm really really loving Fog Machine. After 5 cans, I might be in love, lol. I swear I'm picking up citra. Does anyone know what other hops are in this one? Nice job Torn Label!!!
Definitely some Citra! There's quite a bit more varieties including Mosaic, El Dorado as well as a few others.

drawkward82

Post by drawkward82 » October 25th, 2017, 9:27 am

Halloween events/beer releases for us at the taproom this weekend:

Thursday 10/26: Half-Assed Halloween + One-Off Keg. Love Halloween but hate effort? Torn Label’s got you covered! We’re holding a contest for the best low ambition costume: come in wearing something clever - but which clearly took you under ten minutes and five dollars worth of effort - and you can walk away with some (decidedly NON-half assed) prizes.

In addition, we will be tapping a Halloween candy inspired one-off keg. It’ll be an old favorite with a treat-infused twist - stay tuned for an announcement!

Friday 10/27: Fall favorite Quadjillo gets a companion: Quadtucky! We set down a previous vintage of our Belgian Quad with Guajillo Chiles for a generous rest - 17 months - in bourbon barrels, during which time the oak imparted notes of brown sugar, sweet grain and toffee. We’ll release Quadtucky on draft and in bottles when we open at 5pm.

Saturday 10/28: Our annual Costume Contest starts when we open at noon and runs all day long! Celebrate Halloween with us and show us your best get up; we’ll put all entries who stop by the taproom up on social media, with the highest amount of ‘likes’ taking home the gold. The prize? Come up with the best costume and you'll take home the first bottle of Ingmar, a Wild Ale with Strawberries Aged in Gin Barrels along with other goodies from our cellar!

Sunday 10/29: Our Costume Contest for Pets is back! We want to see your dog, cat, hamster or grasshopper getting into the Halloween spirit. As always, our taproom is pet friendly both inside and out.

drawkward82

Post by drawkward82 » November 16th, 2017, 4:52 pm

New Rough Draught beer tonight! Here's the scoop:

tonight we tap a super small batch ipa called WAKING DREAM.
this hazy juicy buddy is loaded with creamy oats and ooooodles of sessy hops. dry hopped with galaxy and cryo simcoe, then lemondrop and calypso and finished off with a giant addition of cryo citra. HUGE mango and pineapple aroma, silky mouthfeel with a blue raspberry slurpee finish.

As always, if this sounds interesting to you, I'd highly recommending getting here tonight because it may or may not last until tomorrow.

Jake1605

Post by Jake1605 » November 16th, 2017, 4:59 pm

Wow that title takes me back, I'll have to check this out. Although I'm sure that title is unrelated, the band I grew up on made a song called this, although unrelated they were the best band for the fans ever. I still talk to Bobby, RIP Patrick!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rwqMXERe_xI

drawkward82

Post by drawkward82 » December 5th, 2017, 2:33 pm

The good news is we have SO MANY awesome, new things coming up in December. The bad news is we have SO MANY awesome, new things that I haven't had time to update this thread as often as I'd like. Here's a rundown of what's coming through:

Gustucide Double IPA Can Release:
Since opening, we’ve become known for being a bit hop-crazy. But while we love our IPAs, we never brewed you a true Double IPA on our 15-barrel system - until Gustucide. Our IIPA makes its return, debuting on draft at Flying Saucer 6pm this Thursday, with our own taproom release on Friday.

When we selected the hop bill for this one, we broke the scale and the bank, with all of our (and your) favorite Old and New World hop varieties. The result is a vibrant harmony of lush, tropical aromas with bursting notes of kiwi, white peaches, and honeydew. Even at 9.6% ABV, the finish is smooth and bone dry - Gustucide may be the pinnacle of our unwavering hop obsession. We’ll be tapping this beauty on the 9th - and this year we are excited to be releasing Gustucide in 4-packs of 12oz cans for the first time! The brewery release starts when we open at 5pm.

Old Believer Advent
One of our most anticipated events of the year returns beginning this Sunday! Old Believer Advent is back, with some exciting new twists.

Old Believer, our intense and complex Russian Imperial Stout is rich and warming enough to keep you warm on the coldest of Siberian nights. At over 11% ABV, it's one of the highest gravity beers we brew, but the silky, slightly sweet notes of dark fruit, cocoa and black bread impart a consummate drinkability that belies its hefty strength.

To celebrate the release of this RIS, we'll be holding an our annual Old Believer Advent here at the brewery. Beginning December 3rd - the first Sunday of 2017 Advent - we will debut Old Believer at the taproom, on draft and in 22oz bottles. Each following Sunday in December, we release a different single keg variant of Old Believer - and due to VERY popular demand we are excited to announce we will also be making VERY limited amounts of each variant available the same day (375ml bottles, no distribution). We will announce the specific variants the week before they're released. As always, the epic conclusion will feature Siberian Old Believer, the 22% sipper sturdy enough to accompany you to the iciest of Russian tundra.

This Sunday's Old Believer Variant: White Russian Old Believer. Draft. and bottles to-go, on sale at noon

Bloody Christmas Christopher Elbow One-Off:
One-time only cask creation headed to iTap tomorrow 12/6: to Bloody Christmas, our Belgian style export stout with blood oranges, we have added organic, hand roasted Dominican Republic cacao nibs and Madagascar vanilla provided by our friends Christopher Elbow Chocolates. That special treat will be available one time only, one place only, so don't miss iTap's unveiling of at our Trivia Night with them at 4pm.

Ingmar Bottles:
Ingmar is Torn Label’s first and only barrel fermented beer. It began its life as a semi-traditional Belgian saison, and was set to rest in red wine barrels from Rudd Estate which were used to finish gin. There, after fermenting in the barrels solely with Brettanomyces Drei, it aged for five months, conditioning on strawberry purée. We released it last weekend, and bottles are still on hand at the taproom to stay or to go. They will hit very limited distribution this week.

drawkward82

Post by drawkward82 » January 25th, 2018, 4:54 pm

We're turning three this Saturday! Here's what we have going down at our third anniversary party:

2018 Funky Monk bottle release
Our Belgian single Monk & Honey, was aged over two years in used whiskey barrels with various wild yeast. Each individual barrel received a unique array of wild yeast strains, which were then blended together in precise proportions to achieve a complex and harmonious representation of the particular characters of each component barrel.

Funky Monk 2018 represents the continuation of a long-term solera method project: a portion of the inaugural 2016 release's barrel contents were retained and blended back in to this batch, so that this and each subsequent year's release will represent a continuous expansion of included vintages, develop further over time, and increase in complexity.

2018 Leap of Faith IPA release
A hop profile comprised of new school and high alpha varieties, as well as an emphasis on generous dry hopping, results in unmistakably tropical aromatics. Softer floral touches keep Leap of Faith imminently drinkable while showcase Citra hops deliver a kick of melon, tangerine and a generally bright, juicy vibrancy.

Rough Draught IPA: MR HOPADOPOULOS
MR HOPADOPOULOS is here to blow the whistle on hazy ipas. MR HOPADOPOULOS witnessed the super duper secret meeting of silky oats and big n bad hops. MR HOPADOPOULOS is double dry hopped with Eureka! and Cascade whilst colluding with Amarillo. MR HOPADOPOULOS is sure to disappear fast, and that is not a false statement.

Barrel Aged Shake Hands With Danger
Some of you may remember our dangerously drinkable imperial brown ale with toasted coconut, Shake Hands With Danger, from last year. We stashed a small portion of it in port casks used to finish Angel’s Envy bourbon, and the result has made Shake Hands even bigger and bolder, yet somehow no less smooth. We’ll release the beer, produced in partnership with Gomer’s Fine Wine & Spirits Midtown, in bottles later this year, but we’re previewing it with a single keg on Saturday.

Starts at noon! Saturday weather is looking beautiful, and Cajun Cabin food truck will be on-site with a special menu as well.

thomas15

Post by thomas15 » February 7th, 2018, 12:58 am

We are releasing a fun experiment at the brewery on Wednesday. Just calling it Alpha 2-5-18 and it's Alpha with a popular NE yeast strain. The yeast is all that we changed this batch but it tastes a lot different. We will have this at the brewery all weekend and then some...
Torn Label Brewing Company