Torn Label Releases/Events

Know of any new beer releases to the area? Share some info here.

Re: Torn Label Releases/Events

Postby drawkward82 » February 7th, 2018, 10:50 am

Lüp Süp about to drop this Saturday! This is an East Crossroads Style Double IPA we'll be releasing in can 4-packs and on draft. It's akin to a bigger version of Fog Machine, if you will: loads of late addition and dry hop Wakatu, Amarillo, Azacca and more. Release kicks off at noon.
drawkward82

Postby King_Chris913 » February 7th, 2018, 11:37 am

drawkward82 wrote:Lüp Süp about to drop this Saturday! This is an East Crossroads Style Double IPA we'll be releasing in can 4-packs and on draft. It's akin to a bigger version of Fog Machine, if you will: loads of late addition and dry hop Wakatu, Amarillo, Azacca and more. Release kicks off at noon.

Will this hit stores at all?
King_Chris913

Postby drawkward82 » February 7th, 2018, 12:20 pm

King_Chris913 wrote:
drawkward82 wrote:Lüp Süp about to drop this Saturday! This is an East Crossroads Style Double IPA we'll be releasing in can 4-packs and on draft. It's akin to a bigger version of Fog Machine, if you will: loads of late addition and dry hop Wakatu, Amarillo, Azacca and more. Release kicks off at noon.

Will this hit stores at all?

Yes, but very limited quantities around the same amounts as last year's distribution of Magic Magic and Fog Machine.
drawkward82

Postby hopmolester69 » February 7th, 2018, 11:17 pm

The 02.05 can date on alpha pale available at torn...using the yeast strain from lüp süp giving it those Hazy tones. Original Alpha pale brew just with the lüp yeast rather than house yeast.
hopmolester69

Postby jcrews » February 9th, 2018, 3:20 pm

2/5 Alpha is hazy, with a little softer mouth feel. Good stuff.
jcrews

Postby keezer » February 10th, 2018, 11:35 am

Rafi - what's the story behind the name?
When I googled Lüp Süp one of the results was a Youtube page with the tagline "Sleaze from the East." I assume it's not just a hilarious coincidence.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW3JVV ... oyHxsJWjzw
keezer

Postby drawkward82 » February 11th, 2018, 10:00 am

keezer wrote:

Rafi - what's the story behind the name?
When I googled Lüp Süp one of the results was a Youtube page with the tagline "Sleaze from the East." I assume it's not just a hilarious coincidence.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW3JVV ... oyHxsJWjzw

The name Lüp Süp is a play on Lupulin Soup, which was of course just our way of identifying it as an incredibly hopped up beer. Shortened to Lüp Süp, and with umlauts added because the beer world needs more umlauts. The youtube link is indeed a hilarious coincidence, though having been born in New Jersey I can't say there wouldn't be something poetic for the descriptor "Sleaze from the East" to be attached to me.
drawkward82

Postby keezer » February 11th, 2018, 11:06 am

drawkward82 wrote:The name Lüp Süp is a play on Lupulin Soup, which was of course just our way of identifying it as an incredibly hopped up beer. Shortened to Lüp Süp, and with umlauts added because the beer world needs more umlauts. The youtube link is indeed a hilarious coincidence, though having been born in New Jersey I can't say there wouldn't be something poetic for the descriptor "Sleaze from the East" to be attached to me.

LOL. That explanation makes a lot of sense. Great beer.
keezer

Postby drawkward82 » April 2nd, 2018, 10:17 am

Magic Magic returns Friday April 6th! An East Crossroads Style IPA with Raspberry and Lemon Peel and perhaps our most popular beer, Magic Magic is always released the First Friday in April. Like last year, we'll have 4-packs of 12oz cans for sale on the brewery side when we open at 4pm. A limited amount will see distribution, but as always we recommend hitting the brewery if you're especially interested because it tends to go fast.
drawkward82

Postby Jake1605 » April 2nd, 2018, 11:08 am

Jai Tai is better
Jake1605

PreviousNext

Return to New Releases