Torn Label Releases/Events

Know of any new beer releases to the area? Share some info here.
drawkward82

Re: Torn Label Releases/Events

Post by drawkward82 » April 2nd, 2018, 8:17 pm

Jake1605 wrote:Jai Tai is better
Be that as it may, I believe we'll still be proceeding with our Magic Magic release this time around.

Jake1605

Post by Jake1605 » April 2nd, 2018, 8:30 pm

Lol well I hope so, I got a buddy in Belgium who was asking about it. I sent him some of the last release (forgot the name) with the hazy alpha Pale cans that were sold the same time.

Russ

Post by Russ » April 4th, 2018, 12:41 pm

if you buddy is interested....might be able to arrange hand delivery of it.

Jake1605

Post by Jake1605 » April 4th, 2018, 12:55 pm

Not a Facebook buddy, not all trading partners are available to poach lol

Russ

Post by Russ » April 4th, 2018, 1:04 pm

aint lookin to poach. but am going to belgium.

Jake1605

Post by Jake1605 » April 4th, 2018, 11:04 pm

I know Russ it's kind of an inside joke. A mutual friend preimptively(sp?) asked me not to poach his traders but I sure he's met several traders thru me.

Jake1605

Post by Jake1605 » April 4th, 2018, 11:05 pm

Hey Torn Label, why is batch 4 of Hang Em High so much better than the last releases? Did you bros max out?

Jake1605

Post by Jake1605 » April 8th, 2018, 11:11 am

Magic Magic is a bit onion/sulfury. Gonna try it in a copper cup tonight. Not sure what hops y'all used for it.

EricH

Post by EricH » April 9th, 2018, 11:23 pm

Magic Magic, an East Coast-style IPA brewed with raspberry and lemon peel, is one of Torn Label Brewing Company’s (1708 Campbell St.) most popular beers. But Magic Magic’s story is not just about what’s inside the can.

Artist and Torn Label sales representative Thomas Woodward created the artwork that inspired the beer, which displays his art on the label. Although Woodward noted the painting wasn’t designed with the beer in mind.

“This is a painting I completed shortly before my employment at Torn Label,” Woodward said. “I brought the painting to show on a First Friday and left it in [co-owner] Rafi [Chaudry’s] office. Co-owner Travis [Moore] brought the idea forward about me doing an artist series collaboration that could use this particular painting as a label and source for inspiration. We also had quite a few conversations over beer. I said a whole bunch of random stuff, and Travis filtered it into a successful beer.”

Woodward used acrylic paint, spray paint and ink to create the painting. He works with Oddities Printshop to create prints of his artwork.

“The painting overall is about everything,” Woodward said. “The moment in the painting that says ‘Magic Magic’ is about the creative process.”

Magic Magic is part of Torn Label’s Artists Series, where a limited-release beer is crafted in collaboration with a local artist.

This year, Torn Label will release Magic Magic in four-packs of 12-ounce cans at a release party and art show at 4 p.m. at First Friday, April 6, at the brewery taproom. The beer will be available on draft at the taproom. Greg-Co BBQ food truck will serve its innovative take on KC-style barbecue. Magic Magic will also see limited distribution in Kansas City, Missouri, and Kansas the following week.

Limited quantities of new Magic Magic one-off glassware and T-shirts will also be for sale. Woodward will have a risograph print edition, a new T-shirt edition that is limited to 50, and framed and embellished prints. All works are variations on the Magic Magic design.

http://www.flatlandkc.org/eats-drinks/t ... orn-label/

Congrats, Torn Label and Thomas!

I still think the artist should get a credit on the packaging. After all it is called the Artist Series, it seems like that would be the one thing that people would want to know. ("Artist Series...who is the artist?")
"Une Rochefort, c'est bien.
Deux Rochefort, c'est moins.
Trois Rochefort, faut pas le faire."