New in August

Know of any new beer releases to the area? Share some info here.
Rockchalkkc

Re: New in August

Post by Rockchalkkc » August 31st, 2015, 2:04 pm

phisherman_77 wrote:Both are delicious. It's a bit more mature and complex than Katy, but not as funky/sour/in your face as Chaotic Insecure Delusions. Think of Grace as a nice middle ground between the two, in terms of sourness and complexity.
I'm not sure you could've made that sound more appealing haha

snacks

Post by snacks » August 31st, 2015, 2:58 pm

I have no idea what beer you guys are talking about, Lost Abbey Grace?

FYI - because I'm always bugging people about fresh IPA's, the last sixer of Union Jack cans I picked up at Mike's Waldo was canned in early August.

snacks

Post by snacks » August 31st, 2015, 3:00 pm

ah. 2nd Shift?

EricH

Post by EricH » August 31st, 2015, 3:37 pm

snacks wrote:ah. 2nd Shift?
2nd Shift indeed.
"Une Rochefort, c'est bien.
Deux Rochefort, c'est moins.
Trois Rochefort, faut pas le faire."

phisherman_77

Post by phisherman_77 » August 31st, 2015, 7:00 pm

Rockchalkkc wrote:
phisherman_77 wrote:Both are delicious. It's a bit more mature and complex than Katy, but not as funky/sour/in your face as Chaotic Insecure Delusions. Think of Grace as a nice middle ground between the two, in terms of sourness and complexity.
I'm not sure you could've made that sound more appealing haha
I am an unabashed fan of 2nd Shift. Not only are their beers top notch in terms of quality, Crider is one of the nicest dudes in the beer game.

thomas15

Post by thomas15 » September 1st, 2015, 10:40 am

I got an extra grace batch 2 I can trade in the future. I'm moving this week so I won't have time to set up anything. Might be persuaded to come of a chaotic insecure delusions too. I'll do a proper ft ISO next week as not to upset the lords of trade.
Torn Label Brewing Company

saccharoligious

Post by saccharoligious » September 2nd, 2015, 10:04 am

Prairie Rugby should pop in tomorrow/ Cognac Jesus lasted about 10 minutes (unannounced on social media even...), but here are some other goodies that dropped in ye old Lawrence, KS today: [urlhttp://corkbarrel.com/new-beer-cider/2476648[/url]

Rockchalkkc

Post by Rockchalkkc » September 2nd, 2015, 10:58 am

Why is Kansas getting double barrel Jesus and cognac Jesus but KCMO isn't? I heard even STL got DBJ

snacks

Post by snacks » September 2nd, 2015, 11:30 am

Rockchalkkc wrote:Why is Kansas getting double barrel Jesus and cognac Jesus but KCMO isn't? I heard even STL got DBJ
are they new to MO altogether? could be that blasted label approval process that's backed up to hell. beer distro is so frustrating to me, something I'm paying more and more attention to in hopes of disrupting the **** out of it. it's a tired phrase but 'Uber for' beer is long overdue. let the free market drive.

bigpete

Post by bigpete » September 2nd, 2015, 12:10 pm

snacks wrote:
Rockchalkkc wrote:Why is Kansas getting double barrel Jesus and cognac Jesus but KCMO isn't? I heard even STL got DBJ
are they new to MO altogether? could be that blasted label approval process that's backed up to hell. beer distro is so frustrating to me, something I'm paying more and more attention to in hopes of disrupting the **** out of it. it's a tired phrase but 'Uber for' beer is long overdue. let the free market drive.
Dbj hit kcmo 2 weeks ago