Martin City Brewing Company Releases. Now with Events!

Know of any new beer releases to the area? Share some info here.
Enickbrewer

Martin City Brewing Company Releases. Now with Events!

Post by Enickbrewer » September 2nd, 2015, 12:38 pm

Keeping with my word to start communicating Martin City releases with the forum, here's some releases happening:

This week:
Apposite Belgian Pale ale with Brett is being released for sale on draft and in bottle at our tap room. Bottles and possible draft in the KC market soon to follow. We're starting to learn how to make our Brett strains work with our system, and this release has a great pronounced Brett taste and aroma, but still lets the Abbey yeast and dry hop show through. This is one of my favorite 100% barrel fermented beers, and is an in house favorite amongst all the staff. Look for this beer to be in our regular rotation now that we have our foeder up and going.

Sooner than later:
Bourbon barrel aged Abbey. Aged for over one year in Jim Beam barrels (I made these right after we first opened). Heavy bourbon character with lots of cherry and a quaint lacto/brett flavor that lies in the background. Yes, Brett and Lacto were purposefully added to the barrels, but they never really took off. Could be a good one to sit on for awhile, or drink immediately.

Fortune Royal. Barrel fermented belgian-style ale with blackberries and blood oranges. The sourness from the bacteria combined with the tartness of the blackberries and the citrus of the blood orange make for a great combination. Just a touch of funk from the Brett to offset the sourness.

Oktoberfest. A great seasonal that we made twice as much of this year since we ran out way too fast last year.

And of course, a very large amount of other barrel aged beers as we look to turn over our barrels and get the fresh crop in.

We will be pouring at the Festival of the Lost Township this weekend and we will have Apposite, Brandy Barrel Tripel, Fortune Royal, and the Station to Station berliner weisse. Stop by and see me.

thomas15

Re: Martin City Brewing Company Releases. Now with Events!

Post by thomas15 » September 2nd, 2015, 10:38 pm

Loved Station to Station, need to get one of the bottles out in market. You guys are doing great stuff. After I get finished moving Martin City is at the top of my list of places to visit. Helps a lot that my girlfriend really enjoyed her time there last visit and she apparently knew nothing of Martin City in general. Thanks for posting. :yes:
Torn Label Brewing Company

Bobby Digital

Post by Bobby Digital » September 3rd, 2015, 11:18 am

thomas15 wrote:Loved Station to Station, need to get one of the bottles out in market. You guys are doing great stuff. After I get finished moving Martin City is at the top of my list of places to visit. Helps a lot that my girlfriend really enjoyed her time there last visit and she apparently knew nothing of Martin City in general. Thanks for posting. :yes:
Let me know when you're going to go and I'll try and make it for a beer. Now that I work right down the street I find myself there a lot more than I used to.

Enickbrewer

Post by Enickbrewer » September 16th, 2015, 11:09 am

We are releasing our Fortune Royal, Belgian style ale with blackberries and blood oranges. Beautiful color and malt body and then the sour combined with the acidity of the blackberries and blood oranges kick in for a delicious drinking experience.

Look for it on store shelves soon, but the bottles will be available for sale at our brewery starting at 11 am Monday the 21st.

flip

Post by flip » September 16th, 2015, 11:18 am

That sounds awesome! I'll stop in after work.

theisti

Post by theisti » September 16th, 2015, 2:55 pm

MCBC is crushing it. Underrated locally, IMO.

phisherman_77

Post by phisherman_77 » September 16th, 2015, 3:03 pm

I got the chance to have Fortune Royal at the Raytown fest. It was very tasty.

Bier Deck Dave

Post by Bier Deck Dave » September 20th, 2015, 7:20 pm

Enickbrewer wrote:We are releasing our Fortune Royal, Belgian style ale with blackberries and blood oranges. Beautiful color and malt body and then the sour combined with the acidity of the blackberries and blood oranges kick in for a delicious drinking experience.

Look for it on store shelves soon, but the bottles will be available for sale at our brewery starting at 11 am Monday the 21st.

Although I'm not able to make it down there tomorrow, can't wait to try it. Keep up the great work, love your beers. Cheers!

ReedM

Post by ReedM » September 20th, 2015, 10:17 pm

It was nice! They were pouring it at saucerfest. Apposite is f^&*^ing delicious as well.
Beer Curator @ Royal Liquors
1301 W 103rd Street

Enickbrewer

Post by Enickbrewer » November 27th, 2015, 11:05 am

New releases for November and December:

Bourbon Barrel Abbey:
This is the actual second batch of Abbey brewed on the Martin City system. It was aged for 18 months in Jim Beam bourbon barrels. Around month three, I added Brett and Lactobacillus. Around month five, I added 50 pounds of montmorency cherries from my front yard. Brett was also added for bottle conditioning. Lots of flavor action going on here. The aroma of cherries and plum work with the bourbon aroma. Slight hints of pineapple, blue cheese (Yes, I know, "Really, Nick? Blue cheese?" Yeah, blue cheese), and leather bring up the rear. A taste that starts off with a slight acidic twang followed by bourbon. After your tongue has come to terms with the bourbon, a beautiful cherry and toffee taste follows through and ends with a smooth prickle from the alcohol and carbonation. The Brett worked really well with the cherries and the bourbon character. Very smooth and drinkable. I was very pleased with how everything worked together here and I plan to do more bourbon barrel brett beers.

Highwayman Barrel aged Imperial Porter:
A hefty malt bill focused more on toasted malts instead of roasted malts really got this beer off to a great start. Aged in bourbon barrels for 6 months, the barrels really gave the beer a huge vanilla nose and character. A clean bourbon taste really works with the coffee, toffee, and biscuit tastes. This beer hides its >10% alcohol very well.

Both of these should be on store shelves now or very soon on both sides of the line.

In the tap room we are releasing our Coffee Stout made with coffee from Second Best roasters this year as well as a brownish pale ale dry hopped with a generous amount of citra and cascade.