Martin City Brewing Company Releases. Now with Events!

Know of any new beer releases to the area? Share some info here.

Re: Martin City Brewing Company Releases. Now with Events!

Postby Enickbrewer » May 19th, 2016, 4:52 pm

We will have a few of these for in house sales and there will eventually be done kegs out in bars and restaurants. Next batch will be a lot more released for off premise sales.
Enickbrewer

Postby Built4Comfort » May 22nd, 2016, 2:22 pm

Visited Martin City Brewing for the first time on Saturday. Very impressed. Blown away by Kentucky Friar on tap. Came home with 2 bottles of it. We will definitely be back next time in KC!
Built4Comfort

Postby Enickbrewer » August 23rd, 2016, 9:35 am

Coming out today...

Our first beer released from our interesting line of Scotch barrel aged beers. Our Big Bro appears to slowly ooze out of the tap with a beautiful thick tan head. An aroma full of coffee, raisins, cherry, and toast. The taste starts off with a big malt mouthfeel followed by chocolate and coffee. As the beer slowly warms, strong notes of stone fruits and a slight smokieness from the Scotch barrels starts to shine.

I don't want to give away where our Scotch barrels came from, but they have Clyde Cooperage work tickets on them, and it's a very well known Highlands scotch distillery that rhymes with Allen. Okay, I'll tell. They are a mixture of MacAllen 10 and 12 year barrels. Also coming out of them in the next few weeks is Monk in Scotland. A belgian quad where I toasted golden raisins in our pizza oven and added them to the fermentation. And what kind of brewery would we be if we didn't do an apple wood smoked scotch ale aged in scotch barrels? That will be coming out later in the fall.

Coincidentally, I have some fancy used scotch barrels for sale if anyone is interested.

Other releases to watch for:

Bourbon barrel abbey will be coming out in 12 oz cans. This version is non-funked. The previous version, despite what people try to tell me, was purposefully funkified. This one is clean and aged in fresh bourbon barrels.
Apposite, our belgian pale ale with brett, will be making a triumphant return to draft in the KC market. We are making a real effort to rotate Apposite and Shunned House in our foeder and always have a brett beer on tap at the brewery, as well as in the market.
Enickbrewer

Postby EricH » August 23rd, 2016, 10:30 am

Man, those all sound great!
"Une Rochefort, c'est bien.
Deux Rochefort, c'est moins.
Trois Rochefort, faut pas le faire."
EricH

Postby cdkc » August 23rd, 2016, 10:34 am

Big Bro sounds awesome. Is it available in bottles or tap only?
cdkc

Postby Enickbrewer » August 23rd, 2016, 5:36 pm

cdkc wrote:Big Bro sounds awesome. Is it available in bottles or tap only?

Right now, it is tap only.
Enickbrewer

Postby Enickbrewer » September 1st, 2016, 9:57 am

Available at the brewery and coming next week to stores and bars,

The Bourbon Barrel Abbey is making it's triumphant return. This time it was only aged for 10 months in fresh bourbon barrels. Strong bourbon aroma with cherry, plum, leather, english toffee, and chocolate round out the taste.

This is the first barrel aged beer we've released in cans, and will not be the last.
Enickbrewer

Postby ReedM » September 8th, 2016, 3:22 pm

cant wait for yoga pants cans!!!!!
Beer Curator @ Royal Liquors
1301 W 103rd Street
ReedM

Postby EricH » October 24th, 2016, 11:45 am

I'm enjoying the sixer of Bourbon Barrel Abbey I picked up recently. It definitely matches the profile in my head that I get when I imagine "bourbon barrel-aged Dubbel" to a T.
"Une Rochefort, c'est bien.
Deux Rochefort, c'est moins.
Trois Rochefort, faut pas le faire."
EricH

Postby Enickbrewer » September 22nd, 2017, 2:12 pm

Today we released our Five Second Rule spontaneous fermented beer.

In 2015, we took boiling hot wort from our brewhouse and transported it in special containers to the Whorton farm in Belton. Overnight, as the wort cooled, the natural bacteria and yeast in the air fell into the wort and began to ferment. Now, two years later, we are ready to release this deliciousness to the world.

Starting off with a slight sweetness that mingles perfectly with the delicate malt flavor. Then, nature takes over with bright and acidic sourness imparted from the wild yeast. Warming as it goes down, this beer is best being sipped with friends on cool evenings like the ones that helped create it.

Available on draft and in bottles at the brewery location only.
Enickbrewer

PreviousNext

Return to New Releases