Firestone Walker coming to Kansas!

Know of any new beer releases to the area? Share some info here.
JEdmund

Firestone Walker coming to Kansas!

Post by JEdmund » February 18th, 2016, 2:56 pm

Read this a week or so ago but have yet to see it mentioned on here. Apologies if I missed it. So excited for them to finally be here!

https://twitter.com/csbev/status/695388049102929920

JRBoulevard_KC

Re: Firestone Walker coming to Kansas!

Post by JRBoulevard_KC » February 18th, 2016, 3:23 pm

JEdmund wrote:Read this a week or so ago but have yet to see it mentioned on here. Apologies if I missed it. So excited for them to finally be here!

https://twitter.com/csbev/status/695388049102929920
Kansas just keeps getting cooler and cooler! :)

JRBoulevard_KC

Post by JRBoulevard_KC » February 19th, 2016, 12:55 pm

Just saw a post saying March in LFK at least...

EricH

Post by EricH » February 19th, 2016, 1:19 pm

This really doesn't seem right at all, but somehow I am not very excited about this. The reason is, when visiting MO, I see plenty of Firestone stuff all over the place, but I don't buy it because its pretty much always months out of date. So, I guess at first I am fairly sure the product will be fresh for the launch, but I am pessimistic about being able to locate fresh FW stuff at any later date. Again, this really doesn't seem like the right attitude, but I guess I am not sure why it would be any different on this side of the state line.
"Une Rochefort, c'est bien.
Deux Rochefort, c'est moins.
Trois Rochefort, faut pas le faire."

Jake1605

Post by Jake1605 » February 19th, 2016, 1:22 pm

They actively pull the product now & replace the old product, they found a few loose packs in the back that were dated, then brought new ones for us.

beer4bill

Post by beer4bill » February 19th, 2016, 1:44 pm

EricH wrote:This really doesn't seem right at all, but somehow I am not very excited about this. The reason is, when visiting MO, I see plenty of Firestone stuff all over the place, but I don't buy it because its pretty much always months out of date. So, I guess at first I am fairly sure the product will be fresh for the launch, but I am pessimistic about being able to locate fresh FW stuff at any later date. Again, this really doesn't seem like the right attitude, but I guess I am not sure why it would be any different on this side of the state line.
I agree on the age of some their products. Unfortunately, that can be said for many time sensitive beers. What I think is great about FW coming to Kansas is getting them on draft.

bigpete

Post by bigpete » February 19th, 2016, 3:20 pm

beer4bill wrote:
EricH wrote:This really doesn't seem right at all, but somehow I am not very excited about this. The reason is, when visiting MO, I see plenty of Firestone stuff all over the place, but I don't buy it because its pretty much always months out of date. So, I guess at first I am fairly sure the product will be fresh for the launch, but I am pessimistic about being able to locate fresh FW stuff at any later date. Again, this really doesn't seem like the right attitude, but I guess I am not sure why it would be any different on this side of the state line.
I agree on the age of some their products. Unfortunately, that can be said for many time sensitive beers. What I think is great about FW coming to Kansas is getting them on draft.
They do get delivered out of date fairly regularly. I was told they just got a truck with fresh product last week and easy jack was deliveried with November dates.

Jake1605

Post by Jake1605 » February 19th, 2016, 3:34 pm

It's only going to get better too, hopefully since they are now affiliated more people will buy their beer, we become one of their top markets & get a larger slice of the limited releases. Maybe pull some from AZ or the PNW.

Jake1605

Post by Jake1605 » February 19th, 2016, 3:35 pm

Very excited for the Lupulis Distortion series, that's going to be an ever changing go-to.

Bobby Digital

Post by Bobby Digital » February 19th, 2016, 3:36 pm

I have some bombers of Double Jack that are less that a month old.