KBBS / Assassin Jan 13, 2017

Know of any new beer releases to the area? Share some info here.
Jake1605
Posts: 1923
Joined: December 11th, 2013, 5:07 pm

Re: KBBS / Assassin Jan 13, 2017

Post by Jake1605 » December 10th, 2016, 8:36 pm

Ahhh that's what mine says too, is that the first or 2nd session?

User avatar
booyahachieved3
Posts: 193
Joined: September 7th, 2013, 11:24 am
Location: Leawood

Re: KBBS / Assassin Jan 13, 2017

Post by booyahachieved3 » December 11th, 2016, 10:25 am

Jake1605 wrote:Ahhh that's what mine says too, is that the first or 2nd session?
Looks like they are in 2 hr increments starting at 8 AM, I would imagine you are session 4 if you're 2-3:45
Rock chalk Jayhawk!

User avatar
hopmolester69
Posts: 860
Joined: November 24th, 2014, 1:20 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA
Contact:

Re: KBBS / Assassin Jan 13, 2017

Post by hopmolester69 » December 12th, 2016, 10:13 am

I heard only 15000 entered? Seems a little low considering morning delight had ~80k

govlady
Posts: 44
Joined: October 14th, 2015, 3:19 pm

Re: KBBS / Assassin Jan 13, 2017

Post by govlady » December 12th, 2016, 11:50 am

I imagine it's due to the fact that it is on a Friday in January, in Iowa, and requires a day off from work, hotel, $200, etc.

Out of the 1,000 winners, it'll be interesting to see how many they actually get there.

User avatar
JRBoulevard_KC
Posts: 2535
Joined: February 19th, 2012, 7:42 pm
Location: Kansas City, Kansas

Re: KBBS / Assassin Jan 13, 2017

Post by JRBoulevard_KC » December 12th, 2016, 1:30 pm

govlady wrote:I imagine it's due to the fact that it is on a Friday in January, in Iowa, and requires a day off from work, hotel, $200, etc.

Out of the 1,000 winners, it'll be interesting to see how many they actually get there.
THIS. And I can't be the only one who's wife would kill them, if I went on a "random" beer trip to spend $200 on 3 beers. Even though I would in a heart beat!

dansb
Posts: 447
Joined: February 27th, 2014, 12:09 pm

Re: KBBS / Assassin Jan 13, 2017

Post by dansb » December 12th, 2016, 3:19 pm

Yeah had i won i would have paid the 5 bucks and then made it a last minute decision on going. Guessing a good amount no show. Hoping the 48hr window closes with spots open and more emails go out.

Jake1605
Posts: 1923
Joined: December 11th, 2013, 5:07 pm

Re: KBBS / Assassin Jan 13, 2017

Post by Jake1605 » December 13th, 2016, 12:08 am

I'd imagine many signed up because of the secondary value. It's KBBS & Assassin released in a box with glasses, I know people coming from all over for the release. It's going to be a shit show. On a side note I've seen posts on other sites people asking how casual it will be to just walk in line and try to buy it without a ticket, or try to buy it at cost from someone who made the trip to buy it... I plan on laughing at some faces.

User avatar
booyahachieved3
Posts: 193
Joined: September 7th, 2013, 11:24 am
Location: Leawood

Re: KBBS / Assassin Jan 13, 2017

Post by booyahachieved3 » December 13th, 2016, 9:32 am

Jake1605 wrote:I'd imagine many signed up because of the secondary value. It's KBBS & Assassin released in a box with glasses, I know people coming from all over for the release. It's going to be a shit show. On a side note I've seen posts on other sites people asking how casual it will be to just walk in line and try to buy it without a ticket, or try to buy it at cost from someone who made the trip to buy it... I plan on laughing at some faces.
Did I read correctly that regardless how many people actually purchase their ticket, they won't be redistributing the ones that weren't purchased?
Rock chalk Jayhawk!

ReedM
Posts: 828
Joined: February 14th, 2014, 6:50 am

Re: KBBS / Assassin Jan 13, 2017

Post by ReedM » December 13th, 2016, 9:34 am

booyahachieved3 wrote:
Jake1605 wrote:I'd imagine many signed up because of the secondary value. It's KBBS & Assassin released in a box with glasses, I know people coming from all over for the release. It's going to be a shit show. On a side note I've seen posts on other sites people asking how casual it will be to just walk in line and try to buy it without a ticket, or try to buy it at cost from someone who made the trip to buy it... I plan on laughing at some faces.
Did I read correctly that regardless how many people actually purchase their ticket, they won't be redistributing the ones that weren't purchased?
if it is like prior releases those bottles will just go towards the cache of bottles they decide to release silently for the locals at a later date.
Beer Curator @ Royal Liquors
1301 W 103rd Street

Jake1605
Posts: 1923
Joined: December 11th, 2013, 5:07 pm

Re: KBBS / Assassin Jan 13, 2017

Post by Jake1605 » December 13th, 2016, 2:25 pm

booyahachieved3 wrote:
Jake1605 wrote:I'd imagine many signed up because of the secondary value. It's KBBS & Assassin released in a box with glasses, I know people coming from all over for the release. It's going to be a shit show. On a side note I've seen posts on other sites people asking how casual it will be to just walk in line and try to buy it without a ticket, or try to buy it at cost from someone who made the trip to buy it... I plan on laughing at some faces.
Did I read correctly that regardless how many people actually purchase their ticket, they won't be redistributing the ones that weren't purchased?
People have already posted asking if they will be able to buy them from people in the parking lot AT COST. Sorry, I'm not driving 6 hours to flip something and not profit.

Post Reply