Thoughts On Recent Crane Releases

Know of any new beer releases to the area? Share some info here.

Thoughts On Recent Crane Releases

Postby Jake1605 » April 9th, 2017, 9:47 pm

Any opinions on the updated recipes & newer releases?
Jake1605

Re: Thoughts On Recent Crane Releases

Postby bigpete » April 15th, 2017, 1:21 am

If you got a BA Tea weiss, open it outside over 2/3 of the gushed out in seconds. It was pretty amazing how much beer went every where, sorry about your ceiling brad.
bigpete

Postby BigTreeBrewing » April 17th, 2017, 9:50 pm

Also, don't put your thumb over the top of the bottle as it begins gushing indoors.
BigTreeBrewing

Postby Jake1605 » April 17th, 2017, 10:19 pm

I would gladly take any BA Tea Weisse off of your hands lol. I need to trade for that one. I started this thread because of the alterations in techniques. World class beer, but I wouldn't be talking about beer if I didn't have fair subjective opinions. I don't like the change with Tea Weisse. I respect that the tea makers recommend cold brewing the tea and felt it needed more hisbiscus. But how many adjuncts are actually used the conventional way knowingly? It doesn't take away from the beer. This change did for me, the contrast of the tea and base were bonded by the Berry flavor. The extra hisbiscus has pretty much balanced out the complexity if you ask me. The sweetness of the apricot weisse bars any contrast or pop, and the orange Gose comes off like a sour mimosa, I can't differentiate the base beer anymore. If it was a taproom variant that could be cool, but I think the taproom crowd has shaped things away from what many had expectations for. Still great sours, but these changes have effected my purchases. Hoping for more Gooseberry Gose again sometime soon. Nostalgia was ballin'.
Jake1605

Postby Jake1605 » April 29th, 2017, 7:47 pm

Just opened a BA Tea Weisse. Mine didn't gush but I treated it like a Brett beer & stored cold it for over a week before opening and serving Cold. Fantastic beer but I would have rather seen them reach for a Jammy Syrah or Zinfandel barrel. I get that those are pricey in the Midwest to ship fresh, but the bottle can always be priced accordingly. The work would pay off given the ability of this team. They can technically execute anything they passionately put their minds to. The already perfect contrast between the Berry/hibiscus Tea and the base beer was made a mess with whiskey flavor. I'm being a bit over critical because it's very drinkable, but it's just my opinion. Whiskey shines with bright fruit sours, not tea.
Jake1605

Postby Jake1605 » April 29th, 2017, 8:43 pm

I was wrong. As this beer rose to around 50 degrees it began to make sense. Like a Tarentino movie, lots of weird shit going on in different places but then they meet up kind of. Cheesy funk like the Tilquin fruiteds, but we all know this isn't lambic. Bright and crisp, whiskey turns an orange flavor, berry juice lingers.
Jake1605

Postby ReedM » April 30th, 2017, 1:01 pm

ok.
Beer Curator @ Royal Liquors
1301 W 103rd Street
ReedM

Return to New Releases