New Kansas City Area Brewery / Brewpubs

Know of any new beer releases to the area? Share some info here.

Re: New Kansas City Area Brewery / Brewpubs

Postby keezer » June 19th, 2019, 7:30 pm

I finally made it to New Axiom over the weekend. Very impressed! They were out of hazys, but had many other beers covering a wide range of styles. I'll definitely make the journey again.
keezer

Postby EricH » June 19th, 2019, 8:26 pm

I checked out City Barrel last week. I liked the Dad Jokes DDH DIPA pretty well but my Dry-hopped lager was just okay. And holy fuck, that place was loud. That combined with the abnormally wide tables made carrying on a conversation challenging. Price-wise, I think our tab for 2 people came out to $56 before tip for lunch and in my case, that was for one standard menu item and one beer. Sample sizes are $3.50-$4.00 each. I would not say I am eager to go back, especially with so many other available options in the Crossroads district.

I also went to Torn Label and had a 5:20 (their DDH APA collab with BKS). It was really good! I was sad that Thomas was not there. :cry:
"Une Rochefort, c'est bien.
Deux Rochefort, c'est moins.
Trois Rochefort, faut pas le faire."
EricH

Postby EricH » June 29th, 2019, 6:39 pm

Just saw that Friction has had a bit of a setback, no details really but the Star says "is no longer opening in the East Crossroads. It is looking for another location". Hopefully they can get that straightened out soon.
"Une Rochefort, c'est bien.
Deux Rochefort, c'est moins.
Trois Rochefort, faut pas le faire."
EricH

Postby schumed » July 3rd, 2019, 12:56 pm

EricH wrote:Just saw that Friction has had a bit of a setback, no details really but the Star says "is no longer opening in the East Crossroads. It is looking for another location". Hopefully they can get that straightened out soon.

At Parkville Nathan mentioned they lost an investor and had to walk away from the lease.

I can't tell how serious these guys are from my interactions with them. Their efforts seem to be more interested in their branding plus promoting other breweries via social media.

I've liked their homebrew they have had at some of the events they have attended. Hope they figure it out
schumed

Previous

Return to New Releases