New Kansas City Area Brewery / Brewpubs

Know of any new beer releases to the area? Share some info here.
schumed
Posts: 167
Joined: January 14th, 2014, 2:38 pm

Re: New Kansas City Area Brewery / Brewpubs

Post by schumed » December 6th, 2018, 9:10 am

EricH wrote:Apparently Colony in NKC is shutting down their brewery:

https://www.flatlandkc.org/eats-drinks/ ... ive-music/

Bummer, I never even got to go there.
Beers were always good but owner really wants to focus on the music venue and that crowd likes to buy marked up PBR and Hamms.

User avatar
keezer
Posts: 1472
Joined: January 25th, 2013, 12:12 pm
Location: Olathe

Re: New Kansas City Area Brewery / Brewpubs

Post by keezer » December 6th, 2018, 9:23 pm

EricH wrote:Apparently Colony in NKC is shutting down their brewery:

https://www.flatlandkc.org/eats-drinks/ ... ive-music/

Bummer, I never even got to go there.
Fortunately we'll soon have 4 new breweries in Joco. Only one of them is likely to make beers that cause you shake your head in disbelief. :P

User avatar
theisti
Posts: 1088
Joined: February 9th, 2012, 7:51 am
Location: Leawood, KS

Re: New Kansas City Area Brewery / Brewpubs

Post by theisti » December 7th, 2018, 8:26 am

keezer wrote:
EricH wrote:Apparently Colony in NKC is shutting down their brewery:

https://www.flatlandkc.org/eats-drinks/ ... ive-music/

Bummer, I never even got to go there.
Fortunately we'll soon have 4 new breweries in Joco. Only one of them is likely to make beers that cause you shake your head in disbelief. :P
Disbelief as in "this is amazing" or disbelief as in, "why did they put celery, sage and blackberries in a Pale Ale" ?

User avatar
keezer
Posts: 1472
Joined: January 25th, 2013, 12:12 pm
Location: Olathe

Re: New Kansas City Area Brewery / Brewpubs

Post by keezer » December 7th, 2018, 11:42 am

theisti wrote:
keezer wrote:
EricH wrote:Apparently Colony in NKC is shutting down their brewery:

https://www.flatlandkc.org/eats-drinks/ ... ive-music/

Bummer, I never even got to go there.
Fortunately we'll soon have 4 new breweries in Joco. Only one of them is likely to make beers that cause you shake your head in disbelief. :P
Disbelief as in "this is amazing" or disbelief as in, "why did they put celery, sage and blackberries in a Pale Ale" ?
Definitely option B.

Jake1605
Posts: 1923
Joined: December 11th, 2013, 5:07 pm

Re: New Kansas City Area Brewery / Brewpubs

Post by Jake1605 » December 9th, 2018, 8:20 pm

Heard a rumor that McCoy's is closing this month, Sailor Jacks closed tonight. The staff found out tonight and were let go. Char Bar & Beer Kitchen are still open and the post online said to look out for their new concept. I wonder if it's because of the old building needing to be remodeled or if they're just moving further away from beer?
Last edited by Jake1605 on December 9th, 2018, 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
keezer
Posts: 1472
Joined: January 25th, 2013, 12:12 pm
Location: Olathe

Re: New Kansas City Area Brewery / Brewpubs

Post by keezer » December 9th, 2018, 9:34 pm

Jake1605 wrote:Heard a rumor that McCoy's is closing this month, Sailor Jacks closed tonight. The staff found out tonight and were let go. Char Bar & Bier Station are still open and the post online said to look out for their new concept. I wonder if it's because of the old building needing to be remodeled or if they're just moving further away from beer?
Bummer. I liked Sailor Jack's, but apparently not enough.
Is Bier Station owned by the same people?

User avatar
keezer
Posts: 1472
Joined: January 25th, 2013, 12:12 pm
Location: Olathe

Re: New Kansas City Area Brewery / Brewpubs

Post by keezer » December 9th, 2018, 9:49 pm

keezer wrote:
Jake1605 wrote:Heard a rumor that McCoy's is closing this month, Sailor Jacks closed tonight. The staff found out tonight and were let go. Char Bar & Bier Station are still open and the post online said to look out for their new concept. I wonder if it's because of the old building needing to be remodeled or if they're just moving further away from beer?
Bummer. I liked Sailor Jack's, but apparently not enough.
Is Bier Station owned by the same people?
Ahhh. I think you meant Beer Kitchen.

Jake1605
Posts: 1923
Joined: December 11th, 2013, 5:07 pm

Re: New Kansas City Area Brewery / Brewpubs

Post by Jake1605 » December 9th, 2018, 10:19 pm

Yeah I'm sleepy

localbrewer
Posts: 572
Joined: February 2nd, 2014, 4:17 pm

Re: New Kansas City Area Brewery / Brewpubs

Post by localbrewer » December 11th, 2018, 5:11 pm

Anyone see the post from Calibration brewing on Facebook. "Tip our servers in Cash Please! The Owner, Glen Stinson, Likes to Withhold Tips from his Employees!" It has since been taken down but sad to hear that the owner would do that to his staff if it is true.

Jake1605
Posts: 1923
Joined: December 11th, 2013, 5:07 pm

Re: New Kansas City Area Brewery / Brewpubs

Post by Jake1605 » December 11th, 2018, 9:28 pm

I heard that the Drum Room does that too. Bartenders get their tips on a pay check every 2 weeks and it’s aleays low.

Post Reply