New Kansas City Area Brewery / Brewpubs

Know of any new beer releases to the area? Share some info here.
EricH

Re: New Kansas City Area Brewery / Brewpubs

Post by EricH » April 24th, 2019, 1:08 pm

I just heard that Limitless already has a new brewmaster, kind of surprising after such a short time. I really liked Mike's beers, too! Anyone know what happened, by chance?
"Une Rochefort, c'est bien.
Deux Rochefort, c'est moins.
Trois Rochefort, faut pas le faire."

localbrewer

Post by localbrewer » April 24th, 2019, 1:46 pm

EricH wrote:I just heard that Limitless already has a new brewmaster, kind of surprising after such a short time. I really liked Mike's beers, too! Anyone know what happened, by chance?
That is sad to hear, I really liked Mike as well and the beers have all been really tasty, hopefully they can keep the quality.

Jake1605

Post by Jake1605 » April 24th, 2019, 3:38 pm

2019 is the year to be looking for a solid brewmaster to grow with

keezer

Post by keezer » April 24th, 2019, 8:54 pm

Sandhills opens their Mission brewery/taproom this weekend. It's a nice space and Jonathan is a good brewer. Check them out.

EricH

Post by EricH » May 7th, 2019, 8:51 am

Not sure if anyone else here patronizes Brew Lab, but they re-did their menu not too long ago apparently, it's just a lot less expensive and the portions are much larger. They also have the best pretzel bites I think one could ever imagine.

keezer

Post by keezer » May 12th, 2019, 12:34 pm

So what do you all think about the new breweries?

IMO City Barrel and Alma Mader are already the best breweries in the city. I love that CB is also a full service restaurant. Expensive, but really good food.

I was pleasantly surprised by Servaes. Definitely a unique brewery--not just in JOCO, but across the metro area. Some weird beers, bit fun and pushing boundaries.

EricH

Post by EricH » May 13th, 2019, 12:13 pm

So far the only new brewery I have been to is Limitless, and even then its been a couple months since my last visit.

phisherman_77

Post by phisherman_77 » May 14th, 2019, 10:37 am

keezer wrote:So what do you all think about the new breweries?

IMO City Barrel and Alma Mader are already the best breweries in the city. I love that CB is also a full service restaurant. Expensive, but really good food.

I was pleasantly surprised by Servaes. Definitely a unique brewery--not just in JOCO, but across the metro area. Some weird beers, bit fun and pushing boundaries.
Servaes - fun and sometimes odd flavor choices, always a few interesting beers
City Barrel - good beers and good food
Alma Mader - just solid AF, everything so far has been on point

I think BKS is still my favorite. Great beers, great people, great family friendly vibe.

schumed

Post by schumed » May 20th, 2019, 9:35 am

keezer wrote:So what do you all think about the new breweries?

Agreed Alma Mader is perfection out of the gate. Tap room feels like I'm in a kill room from Dexter though. Needs some color or something.

I meet be bias because I work there but Servaes is coming out with lots of unique beers no one is even attempting and doing them well. Pizza and wings offering now out of the brewery this weekend is going to really improve things.

I enjoyed my City Barrel experience ....liked the beer and food.....I'm concerned they might be a little too confident in the marketing and such as elite. Its turned some of my friends off already.

Big fan of Strange Days - perfect location and vibe - I like the styles of beers they offer.

I like Casual Animal the best of all the cross road breweries. Mainly for the marketing and vibe of the tap room. It just speaks to me. Beers keep improving too.

I'm pretty confident when Rochester Opens up it will become my new favorite.

jcrews

Post by jcrews » May 21st, 2019, 11:18 am

Wind Shift in Blue Springs opens this Saturday, 5/25. Tony DiPlacito was the original brewer at Apex, opening his own brewery.