New In August

Know of any new beer releases to the area? Share some info here.
tylerajen

Re: New In August

Post by tylerajen » August 22nd, 2018, 11:26 pm

Anyone know when Avery's Raspberry Truffale might be showing up? That beer sounds awesome.

localbrewer

Post by localbrewer » August 23rd, 2018, 8:56 am

Has anyone seen deschutes black butte XXX around town? I have a set back to XXIV and fear that I might have missed this years Kansas City drop. I am willing to drive to LFK but I am hoping the MO side will get there batch today.

tylerajen

Post by tylerajen » August 23rd, 2018, 8:58 am

localbrewer wrote:Has anyone seen deschutes black butte XXX around town? I have a set back to XXIV and fear that I might have missed this years Kansas City drop. I am willing to drive to LFK but I am hoping the MO side will get there batch today.
Untappd says Lukas in OP still has it. I bet it's still at a lot of places though.

localbrewer

Post by localbrewer » August 23rd, 2018, 9:21 am

tylerajen wrote:
localbrewer wrote:Has anyone seen deschutes black butte XXX around town? I have a set back to XXIV and fear that I might have missed this years Kansas City drop. I am willing to drive to LFK but I am hoping the MO side will get there batch today.
Untappd says Lukas in OP still has it. I bet it's still at a lot of places though.
I will run by Lukas tomorrow morning. I hit up 6 places today in KS, rimann liquors, Gomers of KS, Beer Cave on 87th and some others and the only one that even got any was Gomers and they are out. Thank you for the heads up.

tylerajen

Post by tylerajen » August 23rd, 2018, 9:30 am

localbrewer wrote:
tylerajen wrote:
I will run by Lukas tomorrow morning. I hit up 6 places today in KS, rimann liquors, Gomers of KS, Beer Cave on 87th and some others and the only one that even got any was Gomers and they are out. Thank you for the heads up.
Wow, previous years have usually sat for awhile. They always do random cellar releases too, so I bet we'll see more eventually, even if it's not this year. I bought a 26 and 27 last year. The 26 was okay, but a bit oxidized. I could see more people going after this year's because it's more "normal" (no pomegranate or any of that random shit) and I think it's 100% barrel aged (finally), which they really need to do with Abyss too by the way.

localbrewer

Post by localbrewer » August 23rd, 2018, 10:47 am

tylerajen wrote: Wow, previous years have usually sat for awhile. They always do random cellar releases too, so I bet we'll see more eventually, even if it's not this year. I bought a 26 and 27 last year. The 26 was okay, but a bit oxidized. I could see more people going after this year's because it's more "normal" (no pomegranate or any of that random shit) and I think it's 100% barrel aged (finally), which they really need to do with Abyss too by the way.
Just got a call from one of the KS stores, the KS KC side only got 4 cases this year for the whole city :(. I tried to call Lukas but their phone line is down. I am hoping I will land two some how.

JSchock7

Post by JSchock7 » August 23rd, 2018, 11:04 am

tylerajen wrote:
Will have to get that updated. We got one case and it sold out this past weekend.
Beer Manager at Lukas OP

localbrewer

Post by localbrewer » August 23rd, 2018, 1:19 pm

localbrewer wrote:
tylerajen wrote: Wow, previous years have usually sat for awhile. They always do random cellar releases too, so I bet we'll see more eventually, even if it's not this year. I bought a 26 and 27 last year. The 26 was okay, but a bit oxidized. I could see more people going after this year's because it's more "normal" (no pomegranate or any of that random shit) and I think it's 100% barrel aged (finally), which they really need to do with Abyss too by the way.
Just got a call from one of the KS stores, the KS KC side only got 4 cases this year for the whole city :(. I tried to call Lukas but their phone line is down. I am hoping I will land two some how.
I was able to find two bottles at K7 liquor.

dansb

Post by dansb » August 24th, 2018, 6:34 pm

tylerajen wrote:Anyone know when Avery's Raspberry Truffale might be showing up? That beer sounds awesome.
I had this on tap two weeks ago at the brewery. Great dessert beer. Worth buying.

tylerajen

Post by tylerajen » August 24th, 2018, 7:02 pm

dansb wrote:
tylerajen wrote:Anyone know when Avery's Raspberry Truffale might be showing up? That beer sounds awesome.
I had this on tap two weeks ago at the brewery. Great dessert beer. Worth buying.
Awesome! Whenever they do dark beers in their BA series they usually turn out amazing. Callipygian is my favorite so far. I think this is #50 so I figured they wouldn't skimp on it.