Page 1 of 2

APbrewIL Beer Releases

Posted: April 12th, 2019, 6:46 pm
by Jake1605
Saw the Fling cans are out, cool to try a diet soda like Mai Tai. Hopeful to crack open the others tonight if I can stay awake passed 9:30. Kind blown at the cost compared to the mix 12 packs of blvd, good luck in competing markets.

$1.99 6 packs of Toppling Goliath/HY-VEE Chameleon Pale Ale cans around (they’re old), blew the checkout lady’s mind when I commented on that great deal then instead loaded up on new shelf beers.

Re: APbrewIL Beer Releases

Posted: April 12th, 2019, 8:44 pm
by keezer
I'm new to the world of craft canned cocktails. What's the correct glassware?

Re: APbrewIL Beer Releases

Posted: April 12th, 2019, 9:11 pm
by Jake1605
I think they named it so with the intention of drinking it out of the can

Re: APbrewIL Beer Releases

Posted: April 13th, 2019, 6:31 am
by keezer
Jake1605 wrote:I think they named it so with the intention of drinking it out of the can
I think my beer snob joke didn't land quite the way it was intended.

Re: APbrewIL Beer Releases

Posted: April 15th, 2019, 7:54 am
by schumed
Jake1605 wrote:Saw the Fling cans are out, cool to try a diet soda like Mai Tai. Hopeful to crack open the others tonight if I can stay awake passed 9:30. Kind blown at the cost compared to the mix 12 packs of blvd, good luck in competing markets.

$1.99 6 packs of Toppling Goliath/HY-VEE Chameleon Pale Ale cans around (they’re old), blew the checkout lady’s mind when I commented on that great deal then instead loaded up on new shelf beers.

The Fling cans were a big miss for me - Only one that was decent was the Gin and Tonic (cucumber / lime) - Mai Tai was basically hard mountain dew , the other two were just not good. I'm not sure who Boulevard partnered up with to come up with the recipes on these but seemed like a missed opportunity to work with some bad ass cocktail creators in the city. I'm guessing the nature of cocktails is hard to pull off in a can too.

Re: APbrewIL Beer Releases

Posted: April 15th, 2019, 6:50 pm
by keezer
schumed wrote: The Fling cans were a big miss for me - Only one that was decent was the Gin and Tonic (cucumber / lime) - Mai Tai was basically hard mountain dew , the other two were just not good. I'm not sure who Boulevard partnered up with to come up with the recipes on these but seemed like a missed opportunity to work with some bad ass cocktail creators in the city. I'm guessing the nature of cocktails is hard to pull off in a can too.
I thought it was just me.

Re: APbrewIL Beer Releases

Posted: April 15th, 2019, 6:52 pm
by Jake1605
Mountain Dew actually tastes good tho

Re: APbrewIL Beer Releases

Posted: April 16th, 2019, 9:31 am
by schumed
Jake1605 wrote:Mountain Dew actually tastes good tho
I didn't hate it - but a Mai Tai shouldn't taste like mountain dew

Re: APbrewIL Beer Releases

Posted: April 16th, 2019, 10:10 am
by Jake1605
It didn’t taste like a mai tai tho

Re: APbrewIL Beer Releases

Posted: April 16th, 2019, 10:28 am
by EricH
The last cocktail I had was a lemon drop martini from Jasper's some years ago. It was very good, but it was also $9.

I just can't see myself becoming a cocktail drinker in any capacity.