New in August

Know of any new beer releases to the area? Share some info here.
JSchock7

New in August

Post by JSchock7 » August 10th, 2020, 1:48 pm

Had my first Free State Octoberfest of the year and it was so good as always. Love that beer.
Beer Manager at Lukas OP

keezer

Re: New in August

Post by keezer » August 10th, 2020, 5:17 pm

I enjoyed trying the Prost mix pack over the weekend. I didn't really like the Kolsch (I got a hint clove - a total turnoff for me). I thought the Pils was on par with KC Bier Co's. I liked the Dunkel a little better than KC Bier's. I thought the Marzen was a tad better than any local version I've had.

JSchock7

Post by JSchock7 » August 12th, 2020, 10:22 am

keezer wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 5:17 pm
I enjoyed trying the Prost mix pack over the weekend. I didn't really like the Kolsch (I got a hint clove - a total turnoff for me). I thought the Pils was on par with KC Bier Co's. I liked the Dunkel a little better than KC Bier's. I thought the Marzen was a tad better than any local version I've had.
Agreed. Liked them all across the board. Marzen was probably my favorite of the bunch.
Beer Manager at Lukas OP

localbrewer

Post by localbrewer » August 18th, 2020, 9:47 am

Ok, I figure I am going to get made fun of or what ever cause it is not a popular view point but ... I LOVE BEERS THAT TASTE LIKE PUMPKIN!! The hardest part is that I like ones that taste like pumpkin, not pumpkin spice. I like a little spice but I don't want just spice. Well Samuel Adams knocked it out of the part again this year with their Jack-o. If you like Pumpkin and not just the spice give it a try. I know, I know "pumpkin beer sucks" "it is only August and there is pumpkin beer out." But for some reason I cannot get enough of it, I would drink it is April if I could lol

EricH

Post by EricH » August 18th, 2020, 6:38 pm

Afraid I can't help you with that one, man! It has been a LONG time since I actually bought a pumpkin beer. I'm pretty sure it was the Southern Tier Pumpking, which everyone said was a great example, and I still didn't love it.

Man, I do miss ST though, they had some great beers.
"Une Rochefort, c'est bien.
Deux Rochefort, c'est moins.
Trois Rochefort, faut pas le faire."

JSchock7

Post by JSchock7 » August 22nd, 2020, 3:30 pm

Bought a 4 Pack of the Jack's Abby Copper Legend Oktoberfest. The 4 Pack did not last long, was very easy drinking.
Beer Manager at Lukas OP

theisti

Post by theisti » August 22nd, 2020, 9:37 pm

JSchock7 wrote:
August 22nd, 2020, 3:30 pm
Bought a 4 Pack of the Jack's Abby Copper Legend Oktoberfest. The 4 Pack did not last long, was very easy drinking.
I have not been paying attention, when did jacks Abby get to Kansas?

theisti

Post by theisti » August 28th, 2020, 3:17 pm

theisti wrote:
August 22nd, 2020, 9:37 pm
JSchock7 wrote:
Found it. Next to the Surly, question mark?

JSchock7

Post by JSchock7 » August 28th, 2020, 5:00 pm

theisti wrote:
August 28th, 2020, 3:17 pm
theisti wrote:
August 22nd, 2020, 9:37 pm
JSchock7 wrote:
Found it. Next to the Surly, question mark?
It's a part of a guest brewer series or something, can't remember what they call it but every month they are getting a couple beers from a different brewery or breweries on a limited time license. This time was the Surly Oktoberfest and XTRA and if I remember correctly, next month is Surly again with Furious and Coffee Bender.
Beer Manager at Lukas OP

nightfly_dp

Post by nightfly_dp » August 29th, 2020, 1:07 am

It's like Surly is throwing a few test teases at us, but not even using their best stuff. Though I was happy to get some Hell Lager a couple months ago.

Would be nice to get it at other times besides the once a year I visit St Louis and slip over the border into Illinois.