FT: AZ Wilderness Growlers

Have something you want to trade?
Forum rules
This is a local KC-area forum that is centered around in-person trades.

1. Trades or giveaways only, no sales of alcohol allowed. Any posts related to selling alcohol will be deleted and the seller's account will be nuked permanently. This includes posting links to auctions elsewhere.
2. Please only add substantive and/or positive replies.
3. In order to limit confusion and promote trading, please spell out the beer(s) you are trading in the first post or your thread title, rather than relying solely on abbreviations or acronyms. When in doubt, spell it out.
4. Don't be a dick.
luke646

FT: AZ Wilderness Growlers

Post by luke646 » March 7th, 2014, 11:19 am

Heading to Phoenix tomorrow and I am staying a few minutes from Arizona Wilderness. Pretty excited to try what they're brewing since they were just named Ratebeer's Top New Brewery of 2013.

My hope is to be able to grab growlers to bring back to KC (probably 4 max) and share with the good people here. I've never had growlers in a checked bag so I'm doing my research on how to accomplish that. I make no guarantees that I can deliver :)

However, if you're interested in working something out, let me know and I'll try to make it happen.

Tap list at http://www.azwbeer.com/. Refuge IPA, Chiricahua Common, Lil Gye Rye, Superstition Stout and Saddle Mountain Saison should be available when I am there.

theisti

Re: FT: AZ Wilderness Growlers

Post by theisti » March 7th, 2014, 2:38 pm

I travel with growlers pretty often. Generally throw bubble wrap around them, tuck in clothes and use electrical tape to secure the caps. I have never had a leak or break (knock on wood).

Have a fun trip.

mikennatalie

Post by mikennatalie » March 7th, 2014, 3:17 pm

Whats a growler cost there, Any idea?

luke646

Post by luke646 » March 7th, 2014, 3:23 pm

theisti wrote:I travel with growlers pretty often. Generally throw bubble wrap around them, tuck in clothes and use electrical tape to secure the caps. I have never had a leak or break (knock on wood).

Have a fun trip.
Thanks for the good advice!
mikennatalie wrote:Whats a growler cost there, Any idea?
I have no idea. I won't be bringing any growlers down so I'll have to buy them from the brewery too. I'll post prices once I find out.

I won't be buying the growlers until we leave (14th) so they will be as fresh as possible as well.

mikennatalie

Post by mikennatalie » March 8th, 2014, 9:55 am

I would def be interested. Just let me know the info from there if possible. thanks mike

luke646

Post by luke646 » March 10th, 2014, 8:00 pm

$7 for the growler itself and between $12 and $18 for the fill. The refuge ipa is fantastic fwiw.

GTTED

Post by GTTED » March 11th, 2014, 9:28 pm

Do they have 32oz growlers???

luke646

Post by luke646 » March 11th, 2014, 11:23 pm

GTTED wrote:Do they have 32oz growlers???
They are 64oz growlers but unfortunately, they aren't planning on allowing any growler fills until next week since they are running out of everything. I'll be going back on Thursday night to see if anything has changed though...

GTTED

Post by GTTED » March 12th, 2014, 10:24 pm

Good luck Thanks for the offer Be safe