Westvleteren XII Trade

Have something you want to trade?
Forum rules
This is a local KC-area forum that is centered around in-person trades.

1. Trades or giveaways only, no sales of alcohol allowed. Any posts related to selling alcohol will be deleted and the seller's account will be nuked permanently. This includes posting links to auctions elsewhere.
2. Please only add substantive and/or positive replies.
3. In order to limit confusion and promote trading, please spell out the beer(s) you are trading in the first post or your thread title, rather than relying solely on abbreviations or acronyms. When in doubt, spell it out.
4. Don't be a dick.

Westvleteren XII Trade

Postby babaBrian » August 27th, 2013, 11:36 pm

I have a bottle of Westvleteren XII straight from the brewery in Belgium that a friend brought back for me. Drank the other one he brought back and it was fantastic!

I know the US supply got a boost with the bricks of them not too long ago, so my questions are:

1) What would a decent trade be for one?
2) Are the label-less bottles straight from the brewery worth more in trade than those that shipped to US?

I'm not sure yet if I will trade it, but before I drink the second, I'd like to know a little better what I'm passing up in doing so. Life's short; gotta gettem all :)

Thanks!
Brian
babaBrian

Re: Westvleteren XII Trade

Postby Bobby Digital » August 28th, 2013, 5:46 am

In my experience they aren't worth a whole lot. My first ever trade I got one for, if I remember correctly, $10 worth of shelf beer (at that time it seemed like I got hooked up). Since then I've managed to get my hands on 6 or 8 more pretty easily. I'm sure you could still get something nice for it but it's not going to be anything rare. I doubt it having a label or not really matters. I've heard of people claiming that the ones with the label aren't as good. To me that just sounds like beer geeks being beer geeks by trying to up the value of the ones that are a little harder to get.
Bobby Digital

Return to Beer Trading