Atom feed enabled

News and updates regarding craftbeerkc.com

Atom feed enabled

Postby EricH » February 14th, 2013, 9:10 pm

No one really asked for this, but I thought it might come in handy anyway. There is now an Atom 1.0 feed (similar to an RSS feed) enabled for all forums. Just click on the little Feed icon up towards the top right to subscribe.

I haven't used it myself, but apparently the Mata app for Android works pretty well, and it's free. Apple/iPhone/iPad, etc. I'm not so sure about.
Palaces, barricades, threats, meet promises
EricH

Re: Atom feed enabled

Postby EricH » February 15th, 2013, 1:36 pm

I just realized the icon only shows up if you're on a computer, it won't be there using the mobile interface. The URL is craftbeerkc.com/feed.php.
EricH

Postby jferg » February 16th, 2013, 8:55 am

It would make me very happy if the site were tapatalk enabled (http://www.tapatalk.com/activate_tapata ... ugin=phpbb), but if that's not desirable or doable for whatever reason it's no big deal.
Beer is not the answer. Beer is the question. Yes is the answer.
jferg

Postby thejoker101 » August 5th, 2015, 9:38 am

Just curious, does anyone besides me subscribe to the Atom feed? If so, do you get posts from the New Releases board? I'm not sure if it's an issue with the feed itself or if it's my RSS Reader (Feedly) that is incorrectly parsing. I seem to get all the other recent posts from all the boards, just not New Releases.
thejoker101

Postby patrick » August 5th, 2015, 10:25 am

thejoker101 wrote:Just curious, does anyone besides me subscribe to the Atom feed? If so, do you get posts from the New Releases board? I'm not sure if it's an issue with the feed itself or if it's my RSS Reader (Feedly) that is incorrectly parsing. I seem to get all the other recent posts from all the boards, just not New Releases.

I don't, but I suspect the reason the atom feed doesn't have those posts is that you have to be logged in to see them.
patrick

Postby keezer » August 5th, 2015, 11:53 am

jferg wrote:It would make me very happy if the site were tapatalk enabled (http://www.tapatalk.com/activate_tapata ... ugin=phpbb), but if that's not desirable or doable for whatever reason it's no big deal.

It was enabled at one point, but caused security issues.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=929
Last edited by keezer on August 5th, 2015, 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tim
keezer

Postby EricH » August 5th, 2015, 11:55 am

patrick wrote:
thejoker101 wrote:Just curious, does anyone besides me subscribe to the Atom feed? If so, do you get posts from the New Releases board? I'm not sure if it's an issue with the feed itself or if it's my RSS Reader (Feedly) that is incorrectly parsing. I seem to get all the other recent posts from all the boards, just not New Releases.

I don't, but I suspect the reason the atom feed doesn't have those posts is that you have to be logged in to see them.

That's right. By consensus, the New Releases section of the board was moved to "members only" rather than being publicly available like all the other sections, and that restricts the feed as well.
EricH

Return to Site News