Trading beers............

General forum for all things beer.
wingman1200

Trading beers............

Post by wingman1200 » March 20th, 2012, 4:07 pm

I have recently found this site, what a nice addition to the KC craft beer culture. I am stocked heavy in some Boulevards........Saison-Brett,
Coll #2, Two Jokers, Rye on Rye. All have been cellared properly, would there be any interest in trading beers. I would like to find something that is not available in our market. If this is something of interest, please let me know.

Steve

Bobby Digital

Re: Trading beers............

Post by Bobby Digital » March 20th, 2012, 4:39 pm

I think a lot of us on here trade beer or have at some point. The only problem for you is you are stocked on Boulevard stuff and I imagine most everyone here is too. Maybe you'll find someone who ran out of one of those beers and might be looking for some more. Good luck!

beastiefan

Post by beastiefan » March 20th, 2012, 4:59 pm

I moved the thread to a more appropriate section to get it more exposure from users.

I will agree with Bobby. Furthermore, when you travel pick up beers that you think others will want and then you will get more bites for local trades. If you are traveling anywhere you can ask if anyone wants something from that place. For example, I am going to Chicago and I know there is plenty of beer available there that is not distributed here.
lips of faith is where great beers go to die
I am prefacing this by saying I am really not trying to be a downer.

johnf

Post by johnf » March 20th, 2012, 6:06 pm

I generally prefer tastings to trading and I am intentionally whittling down my cellar but I am am usually willing to make a deal happen if it makes sense. As the others said, Boulevard won't get you far in a local trade, the exception is if you had like 2008 Saison Brett or the first batch of Rye on Rye or Imperial Stout that would probably get you some mileage.

wingman1200

Post by wingman1200 » March 20th, 2012, 7:11 pm

Thanks for the initial move to the right spot and all the replies.
Understand that Boulevard is readily available, but maybe somebody ran out or has a special occasion and they are wanted some Saison, Coll #2, BBQ, Rye on Rye. Just getting the word out...........I am always traveling and sending home different beers. Have found muself heavy in Blvd all of a sudden.

beastiefan

Post by beastiefan » March 20th, 2012, 10:48 pm

do you have any regular Saison?

wingman1200

Post by wingman1200 » March 21st, 2012, 7:03 am

No sir.....all I have curently is a couple of cases of 2011 Saison-Brett. One of those brews that is aging well and is slightly different every time I open one.

hwwty4

Post by hwwty4 » March 21st, 2012, 11:36 am

beastiefan wrote:do you have any regular Saison?
As of like 6-8 months ago The Foundry still had Boulevard Saison. Reasonably priced at like 15 bucks. It had been cold stored, i guess, the entire time so it was really nice.
WALDO

beastiefan

Post by beastiefan » March 21st, 2012, 11:45 am

hwwty4 wrote:
beastiefan wrote:do you have any regular Saison?
As of like 6-8 months ago The Foundry still had Boulevard Saison. Reasonably priced at like 15 bucks. It had been cold stored, i guess, the entire time so it was really nice.
when I was in there last month I did not see anymore in the cooler. A friend of mine still has a bottle. Its the last one that I know of.

Dantzig

Post by Dantzig » March 21st, 2012, 5:13 pm

I like the idea of this thread. I almost think it could have its own section. I have a few things that I'd trade if the offer was right such as a 6-pack of Hopslam, a bottle of Black Butte XXIII, Dogfish Head WWS, infected BLVD Imperial Stout...