Shelton Brothers MO "the Usual Places"

General forum for all things beer.

Re: Shelton Brothers MO "the Usual Places"

Postby EricH » August 18th, 2016, 1:11 pm

malvarez wrote:Any Fantome sightings down in KC as of late?

Lots of Fantome at Lukas MO the last time I was there.
EricH

Postby JustinKendall » August 18th, 2016, 1:47 pm

Plaza Liquor may still have some.
JustinKendall

Postby malvarez » August 18th, 2016, 9:38 pm

bigpete wrote:
DustinM wrote:

Saw a couple at Royal on Tuesday. 103rd & State Line?

I think at this point every store in KC has 4 or 5 dofferent Fantomes except for Hyvee, they closed the out for a few bucks a bottle

Thanks for all the responses guys! We just got Shelton not that long ago in Nebraska but have not been able to get much besides bottles of Noel (not that I'm complaining). Follow up question, which shop should I hit up in KC for fun Belgian beers? Stuff like Cuvee de Jonquilles, De Dolle, Fantome, Girardin, Blaugies, BFM, De GlazenTorren, etc. Cheers!
malvarez

Postby phisherman_77 » August 19th, 2016, 8:22 am

You can probably find Jonquilles and Fantome bottles at Lukas in Martin City. I think they would likely also have at least one or two of the Blaugies bottles. As far as the others go, De Dolle is sparse. St. Louis gets the bulk of their beer that makes it to MO. The Wine and Cheese Place on Forsyth is where I go in The Lou to stock up on them. BFM beer does occasionally make an appearance here, I know a particular store that has some Abbaye De Saint Bon Chien 2014 on the shelf right now, and I think that we've seen the BFM 225 beer before also. Girardin is very scarce, but does occasionally show up.
phisherman_77

Postby thomas15 » August 19th, 2016, 9:25 am

phisherman_77 wrote:You can probably find Jonquilles and Fantome bottles at Lukas in Martin City. I think they would likely also have at least one or two of the Blaugies bottles. As far as the others go, De Dolle is sparse. St. Louis gets the bulk of their beer that makes it to MO. The Wine and Cheese Place on Forsyth is where I go in The Lou to stock up on them. BFM beer does occasionally make an appearance here, I know a particular store that has some Abbaye De Saint Bon Chien 2014 on the shelf right now, and I think that we've seen the BFM 225 beer before also. Girardin is very scarce, but does occasionally show up.

I have Fantome Pissenlit and Saison and 5 Blaugies beers including La Vermontoise and just got a case of BFM 225. Havent been able to order any of the others. De Dolle is Major Brands but doesn't really make it out of St Louis.
Torn Label Brewing Company
thomas15

Postby thomas15 » August 19th, 2016, 9:26 am

thomas15 wrote:
phisherman_77 wrote:You can probably find Jonquilles and Fantome bottles at Lukas in Martin City. I think they would likely also have at least one or two of the Blaugies bottles. As far as the others go, De Dolle is sparse. St. Louis gets the bulk of their beer that makes it to MO. The Wine and Cheese Place on Forsyth is where I go in The Lou to stock up on them. BFM beer does occasionally make an appearance here, I know a particular store that has some Abbaye De Saint Bon Chien 2014 on the shelf right now, and I think that we've seen the BFM 225 beer before also. Girardin is very scarce, but does occasionally show up.

I have Fantome Pissenlit and Saison and 5 Blaugies beers including La Vermontoise and just got a case of BFM 225. Havent been able to order any of the others. De Dolle is Major Brands but doesn't really make it out of St Louis.

Oh and also have the Jonquilles...
Torn Label Brewing Company
thomas15

Postby malvarez » August 19th, 2016, 10:45 pm

thomas15 wrote:
thomas15 wrote:

Oh and also have the Jonquilles...

Whoa! Where exactly is your shop? Would love to swing by and say hey! Def grabbing a 225 and some Fantome Saison from ya'!
malvarez

Postby JRBoulevard_KC » August 19th, 2016, 11:13 pm

Thomas is at Plaza Liquor. 4500 Belleview ave, kc,mo.
JRBoulevard_KC

Postby malvarez » August 19th, 2016, 11:16 pm

JRBoulevard_KC wrote:Thomas is at Plaza Liquor. 4500 Belleview ave, kc,mo.

Thanks!
malvarez

Postby malvarez » August 25th, 2016, 9:43 am

Found some great stuff while visiting! 225, tomes', Grimm glassware, and JK saisons. Thanks for the recommendations everyone!
malvarez

Previous

Return to General Beer Discussion