New Members - Introduce Yourself

General forum for all things beer.

New Members - Introduce Yourself

Postby german_beer_enthusiast » March 29th, 2016, 5:05 pm

Prost, cheers, slainte, salute, lechaim...
I'm originally from Germany and since 2008 in the US. I love history related to bars, beer, liquor, cocktails and anything related to the drinking community.
Having the chance to experience beer in two completely different countries is a privilege and I enjoy learning something new every day as well as sharing my passion and experiences. Prost!
german_beer_enthusiast

Re: New Members - Introduce Yourself

Postby Zac Sachs » March 29th, 2016, 5:42 pm

Hello all, My name is Zac and I am a long time listener first time caller. I am sorta new to a lot of the amazing beer you all talk about but I am learning quickly. I Live in the Northland and am always looking to try new and different styles, types, and brands of beer. I've grown up here in Kansas City and It has been amazing to watch our town evolve to this point.

Currently I am into IPA's and I am looking for a few new (or old) good ones. If you can point me in a good direction I would be very thankful.

Also Nice meeting you all,

Zac
Zac Sachs

Postby EricH » March 29th, 2016, 5:56 pm

Welcome, new people!

Zac, if you are in the Northland, I would check out Cinder Block, they have a new Session IPA called Unwind and another new IPA, #5 in their their Hop Maven series, which is a Black IPA. Other than that, if you haven't tried The Calling from Boulevard, you should.
EricH

Postby Zac Sachs » March 29th, 2016, 8:55 pm

I will have to make my way there on my days off. I have not been in since last summer and I remember everything I tired I liked. I have had the Calling and I did enjoy it.
Zac Sachs

Postby EricH » April 1st, 2016, 4:12 pm

german_beer_enthusiast wrote:Prost, cheers, slainte, salute, lechaim...
I'm originally from Germany and since 2008 in the US. I love history related to bars, beer, liquor, cocktails and anything related to the drinking community.
Having the chance to experience beer in two completely different countries is a privilege and I enjoy learning something new every day as well as sharing my passion and experiences. Prost!

I'd be curious to get your take on KC Bier Company, since they are focused on making German beer as authentically as possible. Willkommen und Prost!
EricH

Postby Jake1605 » April 2nd, 2016, 1:57 am

Better make some popcorn
Jake1605

Postby codytwo » April 5th, 2016, 8:36 am

My name is Cody and I lived in the Overland Park area for 5 or 6 years. Although I related to Connecticut in 2014, I still make frequent trips back to the KC area.

As I live in CT, I have access to Tree House, Trillium, NEBCO, Other Half, etc. I have yet to make trips to Vermont and Maine, but hope to in the near future.

In addition, I grew up in Iowa and make trips there as well, so I also have access to Toppling Goliath.

I enjoy all types of brews, but my favorite styles are 1) hoppy DIPAs and 2) stouts. I spend a great deal of my time visiting different breweries and tracking down beers listed on BeerAdvocate's top 250. I have visited roughly 50 different breweries and have enjoyed approximately 75 of the top 250 beers on BA.
codytwo

Postby JRBoulevard_KC » April 5th, 2016, 10:45 am

codytwo wrote:My name is Cody and I lived in the Overland Park area for 5 or 6 years. Although I related to Connecticut in 2014, I still make frequent trips back to the KC area.

As I live in CT, I have access to Tree House, Trillium, NEBCO, Other Half, etc. I have yet to make trips to Vermont and Maine, but hope to in the near future.

In addition, I grew up in Iowa and make trips there as well, so I also have access to Toppling Goliath.

I enjoy all types of brews, but my favorite styles are 1) hoppy DIPAs and 2) stouts. I spend a great deal of my time visiting different breweries and tracking down beers listed on BeerAdvocate's top 250. I have visited roughly 50 different breweries and have enjoyed approximately 75 of the top 250 beers on BA.

Welcome! We'll be in touch, lol!
JRBoulevard_KC

Postby Bobby Digital » April 5th, 2016, 11:53 am

codytwo wrote:My name is Cody and I lived in the Overland Park area for 5 or 6 years. Although I related to Connecticut in 2014, I still make frequent trips back to the KC area.

Welcome Cody!

Don't let Jason harass you too much for NE hops!

;)
Bobby Digital

Postby Link Drink » July 10th, 2016, 4:45 pm

My name is Dustin Link. Craft beer is my hobby but I wish it could be how I pay the bills. Breweries are how I try to fill the voids in my vacations. Local tap rooms are how I would prefer to use my time at work. Home brewing is a small part of my available time. 14 % barley wine on tap and a 5 % IPL. Kolsch almost ready to carb. Hope to become part of this group and grow more in all aspects of craft beer.
Link Drink

PreviousNext

Return to General Beer Discussion