Welcome aboard, Dustin!
EricH

Re: New Members - Introduce Yourself

Postby beer4bill » July 11th, 2016, 11:34 am

Dustin, welcome to the group.
beer4bill

Postby keezer » July 19th, 2016, 7:22 pm

Link Drink wrote:My name is Dustin Link. Craft beer is my hobby but I wish it could be how I pay the bills. Breweries are how I try to fill the voids in my vacations. Local tap rooms are how I would prefer to use my time at work. Home brewing is a small part of my available time. 14 % barley wine on tap and a 5 % IPL. Kolsch almost ready to carb. Hope to become part of this group and grow more in all aspects of craft beer.

Welcome Dustin. If not already a homebrew club member, I encourage you to check one out. Great way to learn more about beer and hang out with some good people who understand your passion.
Tim
keezer

Tom from the What's On Draft show

Postby whatsondraft » July 20th, 2016, 2:58 pm

Hey guys! My name is Tom and I produce a show about independent beer called What's On Draft. I used to live in KC when I was a teenager, but I live in San Diego now and we mostly feature breweries here. We just wrapped our first season, and we're getting ready to shoot season 2. I'm going to be in Kansas City visiting friends August 9th - 16th and I would like to shoot a KC flight tasting episode for the show while I'm in town.
Example of flight tasting episode at Alpine Beer Co - https://vimeo.com/162334471
Only trouble is, I haven't lived in KC since i was 19 so I don't know where the good beer is. I've been recommended Torn Label and Double Shift. What do you think? Which independent brewery would make a good feature for Kansas City? Any feedback is appreciated.
whatsondraft

Re: Tom from the What's On Draft show

Postby beer4bill » July 20th, 2016, 3:30 pm

whatsondraft wrote:Hey guys! My name is Tom and I produce a show about independent beer called What's On Draft. I used to live in KC when I was a teenager, but I live in San Diego now and we mostly feature breweries here. We just wrapped our first season, and we're getting ready to shoot season 2. I'm going to be in Kansas City visiting friends August 9th - 16th and I would like to shoot a KC flight tasting episode for the show while I'm in town.
Example of flight tasting episode at Alpine Beer Co - https://vimeo.com/162334471
Only trouble is, I haven't lived in KC since i was 19 so I don't know where the good beer is. I've been recommended Torn Label and Double Shift. What do you think? Which independent brewery would make a good feature for Kansas City? Any feedback is appreciated.

I will be first to Suggest Crane Brewing, who is the most creative out of the box brewery in KC, or KC Bier Co they specialize in German beers. Not to mention their beers are all very drinkable. I think they won at GABF and World Beer cup. For an out of the box suggestion Red Crow, the brewery has a Franken-Brew feel, the venue is gorgeous and Chris (Owner/Brewer) is a great guy and very generous with knowledge.

As for finding where to go, the KC Beer Blog has a great travel guide for KC. They maintain it as a map within Google Maps, the link is below.
http://kcbeerblog.blogspot.com/p/beer-t ... uides.html

I will end with, Martin City Brewing Company is my local and worth a stop. They are comprised of two restaurants, Pizza and Tap service their beers and pizza from their stone fired oven. The Original Pub serves craft beers and their food is very good.

http://martincitybrewingcompany.com/
beer4bill

Postby Oceanbear1 » July 31st, 2016, 4:36 pm

Hey everyone! Just moved to KC, I am from the Missouri area originally, but spent the last 2 years in Fort Collins, CO for graduate school. Just moved back for a good job/my wife got accepted to law school at UMKC. Leaving Fort Collins and Colorado left a big beer shaped hole in my heart, but seeing all the new breweries popping up in KC leaves me to believe that Kansas City might be up the the task of filling said hole.
Oceanbear1

Postby Jake1605 » July 31st, 2016, 6:05 pm

Crane will fill that hole.
Jake1605

Postby JRBoulevard_KC » July 31st, 2016, 8:16 pm

Great to have you here!

And yes, you are here at the best time in history by far for the KC beer scene. Still a long ways to go, but we have come miles in the past 3 years! A fun ride for sure. cheers!
JRBoulevard_KC

Postby yosef1899 » August 14th, 2016, 3:09 pm

Hey Everyone,

Just moved to Lawrence from North Carolina for grad school. While that will be taking up almost all of my time, I always find a way to schedule in drinking a few beers and meeting others consumed by the craft. I also brought some goodies with me from the east coast that I wouldn't mind sharing/trading for some of those brews you hold near and dear.

Cheers.
yosef1899

Postby DustinM » August 15th, 2016, 7:06 pm

yosef1899 wrote:Hey Everyone,

Just moved to Lawrence from North Carolina for grad school. While that will be taking up almost all of my time, I always find a way to schedule in drinking a few beers and meeting others consumed by the craft. I also brought some goodies with me from the east coast that I wouldn't mind sharing/trading for some of those brews you hold near and dear.

Cheers.

Welcome. I also live in Lawrence. Hit me up if you ever want to share a few beers.
DustinM

PreviousNext

Return to General Beer Discussion