Recommendations for places to go this week?

General forum for all things beer.

Recommendations for places to go this week?

Postby wizzy » February 12th, 2017, 10:53 am

I'll be back in town this week, and appreciate some more recommendations. I'm staying downtown at Crown Center, and working out West near the racetrack / legends. I'll have a car, and generally won't be able to get anywhere until 7:30 or 8:00pm. I'll have M/T/W nights available.

On prior trips, I've been to Boulevard, Torn Label, Crane, and Flying Saucer. Bonus for places with food options and where I won't have to wait / stand to drink.
wizzy

Re: Recommendations for places to go this week?

Postby tuckner » February 12th, 2017, 1:46 pm

Il Lazzarone has an awesome bar, is in an area you haven't really hit yet, and is on the street car line. Usually at least one gem on tap and good cocktails.
tuckner

Postby beer4bill » February 12th, 2017, 3:33 pm

If you have the time, Martin City Brewing has 2 location across the street from each other. Both serve great food. One exclusively serves their beers and stone fire pizza. The other has craft beers and pub food.
beer4bill

Postby theisti » February 12th, 2017, 6:56 pm

Brewery Emperial. Exceptional food, solid beers.
theisti

Postby wizzy » February 12th, 2017, 7:36 pm

theisti wrote:Brewery Emperial. Exceptional food, solid beers.

Thanks! I've got an air cast on, and still think I could manage to hobble over here!
wizzy

Postby wizzy » February 13th, 2017, 10:04 pm

beer4bill wrote:If you have the time, Martin City Brewing has 2 location across the street from each other. Both serve great food. One exclusively serves their beers and stone fire pizza. The other has craft beers and pub food.

Thanks for the tip. The bartender at Crane had also mentioned Martin City, and I made it down there tonight. I went to the tap room as I wanted the larger variety of house beers. Had a tasty frito pie pizza along with six tasters; took home a howler as well. If this was closer I could see this being a regular stop for me on my trips to town.
wizzy

Return to General Beer Discussion