Founders Doom

General forum for all things beer.

Founders Doom

Postby bigpete » June 21st, 2017, 4:58 pm

Do people actually enjoy this style of beer? I have always really wanted to like BA IPAs but the flavors don't mash. Oak aged and BA IPAs just don't make sense to me and usually sit on the shelf to die to my experience. I just don't understand why they are still being produced.
bigpete

Re: Founders Doom

Postby Bobby Digital » June 21st, 2017, 5:17 pm

Lets make a beer meant to be drank as fresh as possible and age it in a barrel!
Bobby Digital

Postby EricH » June 21st, 2017, 6:08 pm

Yeah, I remember liking Doom quite a bit. There have been a number of barrel-aged IPAs that I have really enjoyed over the years. The one that comes most readily to mind is the Lenny's RIPA on Rye from He'Brew. I've bought 5 or 6 bottles of that stuff, I think it's great. I also liked the Odell BA Mountain Standard that was released earlier this year, though I wasn't too impressed with the price being $8-9/bottle.
EricH

Postby bigpete » June 21st, 2017, 6:29 pm

EricH wrote:Yeah, I remember liking Doom quite a bit. There have been a number of barrel-aged IPAs that I have really enjoyed over the years. The one that comes most readily to mind is the Lenny's RIPA on Rye from He'Brew. I've bought 5 or 6 bottles of that stuff, I think it's great. I also liked the Odell BA Mountain Standard that was released earlier this year, though I wasn't too impressed with the price being $8-9/bottle.

I remember liking Doom the first time, Lennys Rye RIPA I remember being really excited about but felt it was to old when I had it. Doom this time for me was just bad, I bought 2 and hope that if it's gets old it might turn into an okay barley wine but my hopes are low.
bigpete

Postby tuckner » June 21st, 2017, 7:19 pm

I havent had this year's Doom yet but I liked it the first time around. I like the vanilla caramel piney take. Had this one from Hill Farmstead before and it was awesome.
https://untappd.com/b/hill-farmstead-brewery-madness-and-solitude/1311717
tuckner

Postby ReedM » June 22nd, 2017, 8:07 am

Bobby Digital wrote:Lets make a beer meant to be drank as fresh as possible and age it in a barrel!
:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
Beer Curator @ Royal Liquors
1301 W 103rd Street
ReedM

Return to General Beer Discussion