New Brewing in Planning - Friction Beer Company

General forum for all things beer.

New Brewing in Planning - Friction Beer Company

Postby schumed » August 28th, 2017, 9:47 am

I was at Hip Hops Hooray the best weekend and Nathan Reyerson was there with his Friction Beer Company and is officially in planning. He is looking to bring the Haze Craze to KC

http://frictionbeer.com/

He has been working on it from sometime since the "Wilderness Era"

http://kcbeerblog.blogspot.com/2012/04/ ... class.html
schumed

Re: New Brewing in Planning - Friction Beer Company

Postby thomas15 » August 28th, 2017, 11:53 am

That article is a great time capsule. It really serves to remind of what it was like back then, and also, how hard it is to open a brewery. I believe Brent Anderson is now also involved. I met him recently and he is a really good guy. Best of luck to Friction!
Torn Label Brewing Company
thomas15

Postby 913jayhawk » August 29th, 2017, 5:57 am

I was at the hip hops fest, and thought they're galaxy IPA was the best beer there. I hope to try more if they're hops in the future! A close second was a brandy barrel aged Flanders by a home brewer
913jayhawk

Postby schumed » August 29th, 2017, 9:20 am

913jayhawk wrote:I was at the hip hops fest, and thought they're galaxy IPA was the best beer there. I hope to try more if they're hops in the future! A close second was a brandy barrel aged Flanders by a home brewer

The Flanders was mine ;)
schumed

Postby 913jayhawk » August 30th, 2017, 6:34 am

schumed wrote:
913jayhawk wrote:I was at the hip hops fest, and thought they're galaxy IPA was the best beer there. I hope to try more if they're hops in the future! A close second was a brandy barrel aged Flanders by a home brewer

The Flanders was mine ;)

Right on! Your milkshake IPA was great as well, way better than that mango IPA people voted for, I thought that was mediocre at best.
913jayhawk

Postby ryerson » November 8th, 2017, 2:57 pm

Man, I haven't been on this website in a long while. Kinda cool to see a thread about myself ;-)

We are coming along slowly, but steadily. We will be popping up at more spots once we get the last couple pieces ironed out, but it's happening folks.
ryerson

Return to General Beer Discussion