Cinder Block
5%
Calibration
1%
BKS
15%
Double Shift
No votes
Undiscovered Homebrewer (Name in comments please)
1%
Brewery not on list (Name in comments please)
4%

Total votes : 75

Re: KC BEST IPA POLL

Postby Barleywhiner » November 4th, 2017, 8:20 am

thomas15 wrote:
bkkc wrote:Torn Label, Boulevard then about anything from Nano Brew Fest. When I try BKS... list may change.
If Smoke tweaks their recipes... think they'll be pretty solid.
Everybody else seems middle of the road at best IMO.
Really like Boulevard Simcoe Harvest Wet Hop was one of their better offerings in IPA's... #seasonal anyone. Calling and then Heavy Lifting.
Swore off TL for a 8 months, admitted the whole time one of better micros in town. Since Boulevard is big beer now! :lol:

Interested in what Casual Animal does...

Just curious, why did you swear off Torn Label for 8 months? Bad experience? Or you just didn't like the beer for a while?

I was really down on Torn Label at the beginning. I don't remember the name of the first beer that was bottled, but I really didn't like it. Tasted like something was off. Then I bought one of the uncarbonated beers. Later, someone brought a growler to a tasting, and that made me want to give them another chance. I've been a fan ever since.
Barleywhiner

Postby EricH » November 4th, 2017, 10:02 am

First Torn Label beer I tried was an Alpha Pale Ale on tap at Tapcade. It was really good and I thought at the time that it was much more of an IPA than an APA. :D

I realize there is a fine line, though.
EricH

Postby drawkward82 » November 8th, 2017, 10:51 am

EricH wrote:First Torn Label beer I tried was an Alpha Pale Ale on tap at Tapcade. It was really good and I thought at the time that it was much more of an IPA than an APA. :D

I realize there is a fine line, though.

You're not wrong - for what it's worth, Alpha has a higher IBU count and more hops per barrel than our "actual" IPA Hang 'Em High, and some of our limited release IPAs.

Appreciate the love for our IPAs in this poll/thread! For anyone who had mentioned being put off for whatever reason upon trying one of our beers: I'm glad it sounds like you all had better experiences upon revisiting, but do feel free to message me if you ever notice any issue(s)- if there's any carbonation or QC concerns, there is a 95% chance it's unintentional so we certainly appreciate hearing about it so that we can correct.
drawkward82

Previous

Return to General Beer Discussion