Visiting Kansas City

General forum for all things beer.

Visiting Kansas City

Postby Bpmarsh24 » November 1st, 2017, 2:03 pm

Hello,

I am visiting family in Kansas in the middle of November and making a stop in Kansas City for a day. I’m traveling from Milwaukee and looking for anything new to try in the area. I can bring down some WI(New Glarus) beers if anyone’s willing to trade. Any tips/pointers on what to try would be great. Hoping to hit up Cinder Block while I’m there.

Thank you,
Bpmarsh24

Re: Visiting Kansas City

Postby localbrewer » November 1st, 2017, 3:28 pm

Bpmarsh24 wrote:Hoping to hit up Cinder Block while I’m there.

Right across the street from Cinder Block is Restless Spirits, my favorite distillery in KC. I would suggest stopping by there, their gin is the best I have ever had, and the Irish whiskey is great too.

I would also suggest looking for some Crane Brewing, they make good sours. Also Torn Label has been knocking it out of the park.
localbrewer

Postby EricH » November 1st, 2017, 5:33 pm

I'd recommend hitting the Boulevard Beer Hall. That place is fun.
EricH

Postby theLC » November 1st, 2017, 9:36 pm

EricH wrote:I'd recommend hitting the Boulevard Beer Hall. That place is fun.

I recommend this even if you're not into beer... It's super unique and a great representation of KC.
theLC

Postby schumed » November 2nd, 2017, 8:35 am

I just had the pleasure if showing off our city to a friend of mine from California, who is a world traveler.

Boulevard Beer Hall is probably one of the best tourist attractions in Kansas City, IMO..fun atmosphere, great view of the city, unique gift shop, and beer
We then took a short uber over to Stockyards - I think Stockyards is the most underrated brewery in town. Solid lineup beers that are very approachable to non craft fans. Also wonderful History to share about KC.
Next stop was the crossroads - to hit up Double Shift (which is just killing it lately), Borders, and Torn Label (little off the beaten path). He enjoyed exploring around the crossroads.
We then hopped on the street car to head to the City Market to eat at Il Lazzarone pizza, I feel like they have one of the best hidden bars in the city. Always a solid tap list and cocktails.
Finished up with a quick uber to NKC to hit Big Rip, Cinderblock, and Colony (NKC has a ton to offer all next to each other)

A lot to do that is all relatively close to each other and all in the core of the city.

KC Bier Co, Martin City, and Crane are great too but a little out of the way.

One tip - is a lot of these places are not open during the day, during the week so either visit over the weekend or double check hours when you plan your visit.
schumed

Return to General Beer Discussion