Anyplace have BKS on tap?

General forum for all things beer.

Anyplace have BKS on tap?

Postby wizzy » July 30th, 2018, 8:38 am

I travel occasionally to KC for work, so miss out when BKS is only open on Saturdays. Does anyplace in town have them on tap (bonus if its with any consistency)?
wizzy

Re: Anyplace have BKS on tap?

Postby phisherman_77 » July 30th, 2018, 9:21 am

Nope. Taproom only.

They are open on Sundays now as well.
phisherman_77

Postby keezer » July 30th, 2018, 9:59 am

Honestly, you're not missing much if you can't make it to the taproom. The reputation of their beers is over-inflated. More hype than substance.
keezer

Postby phisherman_77 » July 30th, 2018, 10:25 am

I don't think their beers are really over-hyped at all. Maybe more so right when they opened.

Everything that is there currently is really good. Especially the current batch of Holstein with Oddly Correct Ethiopian coffee. Just silly good.
phisherman_77

Postby keezer » July 30th, 2018, 11:20 am

phisherman_77 wrote:I don't think their beers are really over-hyped at all. Maybe more so right when they opened.

Everything that is there currently is really good. Especially the current batch of Holstein with Oddly Correct Ethiopian coffee. Just silly good.

I was just there yesterday. We had a totally different experience. They haven't improved much from my first visit shortly after they had opened. The consensus among my group of 6 beer geek/highly skilled homebrewer friends yesterday was that we wouldn't be back anytime soon. Nothing outstanding, and a couple difficult to drink beers.

Edit: their beers were a lot better at Boulevardia T&T, which is what inspired me to visit the taproom again.
keezer

Return to General Beer Discussion