Transport Brewery

General forum for all things beer.
JEdmund

Transport Brewery

Post by JEdmund » February 15th, 2019, 3:15 pm

Have any of you visited Transport Brewery yet? I'm curious what you think. They're in my neck of the woods, so I'm thankful to have something close by and am eager to check them out. I have noticed their prices listed on Untappd and they seem pretty high to me ($6-$7 a pint). Or am I off? Either way, I'll certainly give them a try. And I did see they have beers on tap from other breweries, including Toppling Goliath!

https://transportbrewery.com/

Thanks!

EricH

Re: Transport Brewery

Post by EricH » February 15th, 2019, 5:00 pm

Have not been, I pretty much always hold off on being a guinea pig for new breweries. If I know someone has gone there and comes back with a good report card that is one thing, but I figure it typically takes a while to dial in the new system and recipes and such.

Come to think of it, I'm not really an early adopter in any capacity...

And yes, $7 for a pint is expensive, unless it is high gravity, barrel aged, etc.
"Une Rochefort, c'est bien.
Deux Rochefort, c'est moins.
Trois Rochefort, faut pas le faire."

JEdmund

Post by JEdmund » February 15th, 2019, 5:19 pm

Good points. It's likely not a smooth running operation yet. I'll be sure to update this after I've visited it though (whenever that may be).

schumed

Post by schumed » February 19th, 2019, 10:51 am

I went for the grand opening and all of their beers were on point. I was very familiar with these guy in the homebrew scene and had no doubt it would be good from the get go. I've found most of the new breweries that have opened over the last year have had way better openings than some of the previous breweries.

Had a huge crowd and I would expect it to be a popular hang out going forward based on the location. Servaes will be open soon too and just a few hundred feet from them.

The whole argument over a couple bucks if a beer is too expensive is getting old. If you want cheap beer wait for specials to be announced but $5-$7 is pretty much the norm

keezer

Post by keezer » February 20th, 2019, 10:50 am

Limitless charges a flat $6 for a full pour of any beer. Per the last BKS menu I saw, BKS charges $5-7 and some of those $6-7 pours are only 10-13 oz. Personally I think $7 is unjustified unless a beer is very expensive to produce, but that's subjective and I'm not going to boycott a place over a buck. At the end of the day, the market will dictate what is too expensive.

Jake1605

Post by Jake1605 » February 20th, 2019, 12:12 pm

Breweries do that to raise funds for expansion. Those crane sours they have in 6 packs now weren’t very expensive to produce in comparison but if the market rate for a 750 of a sour beer is over $10 then they wanted to get that money. Demand went down and they expanded to packs. Different stages of growth.

BKS doesn’t get any of my money. I tried their first release and the people in front of the line walked out with 8-10 beers and me at maybe 70-80 in line was offered 1 can. A few months ago I tried them again, they had some 4 packs for sale and the person in front of me got the last one. When I asked if there were more in the back the sarcastic bitch lifted up the sign and looked under it, rolled her eyes and said nope! Fine by me, the first beer I ever had by them was a test beer they were passing or as their own and I called out that it was a Hill Farmstead Susan clone. They admitted it. Whatever. Fuck those imitators.

keezer

Post by keezer » March 10th, 2019, 9:09 am

Stopped in yesterday and had their new session IPA, pils and batch 2 of the pale ale. All really good. I don't see a reason to wait if you want to check them out.

Also, if you are an AHA member, you get 15% off your beer tab. Best AHA discount in town apart from Boulevards.

JEdmund

Post by JEdmund » March 14th, 2019, 9:26 am

Hey, thanks for following up and glad to hear you enjoyed it! I still haven't made it in. Hopefully soon!

JEdmund

Post by JEdmund » March 27th, 2019, 2:45 pm

Finally made it to Transport over the weekend. It's a really nice space and situated just across the street from the pool we frequent in the summer, so I'm sure we'll be dropping in frequently over summer break. Beers were all pretty tasty. Nothing blew me away, most felt a little thin, but overall they were fine and I look forward to trying more. I definitely appreciate the guest taps. They had three Toppling Goliath beers, Crooked Stave IPA, and Off Color Apex Predator saison. Flight of six cost $15 btw.