Re: Found on the shelf...

Postby ReedM » June 19th, 2017, 11:24 am

Still have some American Solera out....
Beer Curator @ Royal Liquors
1301 W 103rd Street
ReedM

Postby thomas15 » June 20th, 2017, 9:23 am

hopmolester69 wrote:anyone have any 2016 abyss?

Seen all over Kansas side of Kc
Torn Label Brewing Company
thomas15

Postby thomas15 » June 20th, 2017, 9:25 am

quislet wrote:Lukas OP had a good amount of Krieky Bones on the shelf when I stopped by yesterday evening. No luck on the Bravo though. Keep seeing beers by Urban Family whenever I visit. A little pricey but many of them sound tasty. Wondering if anyone on here has given them a try?

I have had a range of experiences with Urban Family. I've had some exceptional stuff and some beers that I really didn't care for. Try some for sure but also be warned that they have made some gushers at times.
Torn Label Brewing Company
thomas15

Postby Jake1605 » June 20th, 2017, 11:20 am

I don't think that Urban Family is worth the price, but of the 20 or so beers that I've tried from them, nothing gushed. I think storing and serving the bottle properly is something that gets underthought. After a few, you'll get it.
Jake1605

Postby EricH » June 20th, 2017, 1:34 pm

I opened a bottle of Prairie 4th Anniversary a few days ago that had been stored at the same temperature and in the same spot in the fridge for at least 3 months, and the second I opened it, 3/4 of the bottle gushed out. Total waste of money and not fun to clean off of the carpet. I am done with their wild ales, and will stick to their stouts and IPAs exclusively from here on out.
EricH

Postby theLC » June 20th, 2017, 3:25 pm

EricH wrote:I opened a bottle of Prairie 4th Anniversary a few days ago that had been stored at the same temperature and in the same spot in the fridge for at least 3 months, and the second I opened it, 3/4 of the bottle gushed out. Total waste of money and not fun to clean off of the carpet. I am done with their wild ales, and will stick to their stouts and IPAs exclusively from here on out.

I've been getting super harsh metallic/rust flavors out of all their stouts I've had in the last couple months...
theLC

Postby bigpete » June 20th, 2017, 5:16 pm

theLC wrote:
EricH wrote:I opened a bottle of Prairie 4th Anniversary a few days ago that had been stored at the same temperature and in the same spot in the fridge for at least 3 months, and the second I opened it, 3/4 of the bottle gushed out. Total waste of money and not fun to clean off of the carpet. I am done with their wild ales, and will stick to their stouts and IPAs exclusively from here on out.

I've been getting super harsh metallic/rust flavors out of all their stouts I've had in the last couple months...

I have pretty much stopped buying all their beers, sometimes they are amazing and then the same beer a week later will suck and with their price point there is much better stuff out there that isn't such a risk.
bigpete

Postby JSchock7 » June 21st, 2017, 8:25 am

Guess this is a good time to mention I lowered the price on all Urban Family a couple bucks and most of the Prairies last week.
Beer Manager at Lukas OP
JSchock7

Postby nightfly_dp » June 28th, 2017, 12:40 pm

2015 Blvd BBQ at the Quiktrip at 39th and Bolger in Indep. On the bottom shelf with the wine $13.69. I got one yesterday and left at least 7. Now hope it drinks well.
nightfly_dp

Postby EricH » June 28th, 2017, 1:10 pm

nightfly_dp wrote:2015 Blvd BBQ at the Quiktrip at 39th and Bolger in Indep. On the bottom shelf with the wine $13.69. I got one yesterday and left at least 7. Now hope it drinks well.

I just had one a couple of nights ago. It's still good but is about a month away from its "Drink By" date by now.
EricH

PreviousNext

Return to General Beer Discussion