What are you drinking and what do you think about it?

General forum for all things beer.

Re: What are you drinking and what do you think about it?

Postby KCcyclone01 » December 10th, 2017, 5:48 pm

Funk Factory Geuzeria - Meerts with Mango and Passionfruit. Beautiful beer, my first from them. Some initial acidity, but it mellows (or my palate adjusted) and then you get mango-passionfruit juice with a nice funk. Glad I have another one of these.
-Andrew
KCcyclone01

Postby Jake1605 » December 15th, 2017, 3:40 pm

Funk Factory is the shit ^^^ Been trading with Levi since a decade ago he had those constant CBS tap 12oz fills, he does method lambic right and helped right the standard.

Last nights notes: Avoid this year's Vanilla Noir. It tastes like someone poured Vanilla Coke in Chase's barrels then he punched him in the face.
Jake1605

Postby DustinM » December 16th, 2017, 11:43 pm

Jake1605 wrote:Funk Factory is the shit ^^^ Been trading with Levi since a decade ago he had those constant CBS tap 12oz fills, he does method lambic right and helped right the standard.

Last nights notes: Avoid this year's Vanilla Noir. It tastes like someone poured Vanilla Coke in Chase's barrels then he punched him in the face.

Chase who?
DustinM

Postby KCOptimator » December 17th, 2017, 2:18 pm

Jake1605 wrote:Last nights notes: Avoid this year's Vanilla Noir. It tastes like someone poured Vanilla Coke in Chase's barrels then he punched him in the face.

I disagree. Had one Friday night and it pretty much tasted like last year’s Vanilla Noir. Maybe you got a bad bottle?
KCOptimator

Postby Stringer_bell » December 29th, 2017, 10:53 pm

Enjoyed some good beers over the Christmas weekend:

2014 Saison Brett - Really damn good. I forgot I had this beer and meant to drink it awhile ago. The best by date was about a year ago but I enjoyed it. Drank it with a big ham Christmas lunch and it was drinking great with all the food we had.

2017 KBS - Delicious. Huge coffee and bourbon. Perfect with breakfast on Christmas morning.

Narrow Gauge DDH Cloud City - I’ve been really impressed with everything I’ve had from Narrow Gauge and this is no exception. I’m excited to see what happens with this brewery. Everytime I go to get beer from there, the bar is lined with people buying multiple cases of their beer. Great group of people running this place too.

Urban Chestnut Urban Underdog - this is a beer I could drink everyday. Light and clean but very flavorful. Just a great beer.

Lagunitas Willitized Coffee Stout - I got mostly coffee from this when I first tried it but as it warmed more of the rye barrel came through and it was a little overpowering for my liking. I enjoyed it but think it would benefit from some time. Hopefully I can revisit this one in a year or two and see how it changes.

Anyone else open anything good/bad/interesting recently?

Cheers!
Stringer_bell

Postby tuckner » December 31st, 2017, 4:43 pm

Drinking down some stash.

SP Balaton - Not as great as it used to be. No more jammy cherry pie. Now kinda just a sour brown...

Bourbon Paradise - Blew me away. Great beer. Need to find more. Everything works well.
tuckner

Postby hopmolester69 » January 13th, 2018, 1:24 pm

BA Sump.... a magical experience in the BA coffee stout realm... it kicks BCBCS in the balls.

JUICE EM HIGH..... holy mother of beer gods..... its crushable.... its juicy.... its better than any treehouse or monkish swill you'll ever drink.
hopmolester69

Postby theisti » January 15th, 2018, 8:22 am

Flora Obscura draft at The Burg & Barrel. I really liked this beer, cool Porter, Brown Ale, Black IPA sort of mashup.
theisti

Postby keezer » January 21st, 2018, 7:12 pm

theisti wrote:Flora Obscura draft at The Burg & Barrel. I really liked this beer, cool Porter, Brown Ale, Black IPA sort of mashup.

I'm a fan as well. This is the porter I didn't realize I've been craving.
keezer

Postby theisti » January 21st, 2018, 7:34 pm

keezer wrote:
theisti wrote:Flora Obscura draft at The Burg & Barrel. I really liked this beer, cool Porter, Brown Ale, Black IPA sort of mashup.

I'm a fan as well. This is the porter I didn't realize I've been craving.

Well said
theisti

PreviousNext

Return to General Beer Discussion