What are you drinking and what do you think about it?

General forum for all things beer.

Re: What are you drinking and what do you think about it?

Postby Jay Aber » March 8th, 2016, 8:57 am

So I finally made it down to Radius Brewing Co in Emporia last weekend. I was shocked at how good their beer was.

I was particularly impressed by their Juan--a chili amber ale. I hate chili beers--I've literally never had one that I liked before this one. The aroma was smoked chili, sweet grain, and light floral. It really smelled exactly like mezcal to me. The flavor was chocolate, caramel, red-pepper, and slight hops to round it out. I've been thinking about a mezcal mole beer for a long time, and they absolutely nailed it. I'd put it in the top 20 beers I've ever tried.

All their other beers were very solid as well, and they had a great berliner weisse. If you are ever passing through Emporia, I'd highly recommend a pit-stop.
Jay Aber

Postby DustinM » March 8th, 2016, 2:22 pm

Jay Aber wrote:So I finally made it down to Radius Brewing Co in Emporia last weekend. I was shocked at how good their beer was.

I was particularly impressed by their Juan--a chili amber ale. I hate chili beers--I've literally never had one that I liked before this one. The aroma was smoked chili, sweet grain, and light floral. It really smelled exactly like mezcal to me. The flavor was chocolate, caramel, red-pepper, and slight hops to round it out. I've been thinking about a mezcal mole beer for a long time, and they absolutely nailed it. I'd put it in the top 20 beers I've ever tried.

All their other beers were very solid as well, and they had a great berliner weisse. If you are ever passing through Emporia, I'd highly recommend a pit-stop.

I think you mean Jose, but yes I agree with you on that beer.
DustinM

Postby Jay Aber » March 8th, 2016, 3:06 pm

DustinM wrote:
Jay Aber wrote:So I finally made it down to Radius Brewing Co in Emporia last weekend. I was shocked at how good their beer was.

I think you mean Jose, but yes I agree with you on that beer.

Ah, yea. I think you're right.
Jay Aber

Postby phisherman_77 » April 2nd, 2016, 10:38 pm

Magic Magic from Torn Label.

Really good.
phisherman_77

Postby thejoker101 » April 27th, 2016, 5:17 pm

I'm pretty sure my three boys won't be going to sleep tonight when I put them down, so I drank a bomber of Martin City Barrel Aged Big Boy. Really liking it. As usual, tastes better as it warms up a bit.
thejoker101

Postby EricH » April 27th, 2016, 5:59 pm

thejoker101 wrote:I'm pretty sure my three boys won't be going to sleep tonight when I put them down, so I drank a bomber of Martin City Barrel Aged Big Boy. Really liking it. As usual, tastes better as it warms up a bit.

Curious, is that bourbon/whiskey barrel or brandy barrel aged?
EricH

Postby bigpete » April 27th, 2016, 6:09 pm

EricH wrote:
thejoker101 wrote:I'm pretty sure my three boys won't be going to sleep tonight when I put them down, so I drank a bomber of Martin City Barrel Aged Big Boy. Really liking it. As usual, tastes better as it warms up a bit.

Curious, is that bourbon/whiskey barrel or brandy barrel aged?

I really liked the brandy barrel and the bourbon on draft, but when we did a side by side the bourbon barrel aged was thin in the bottle
bigpete

Postby thejoker101 » May 1st, 2016, 9:05 pm

BCBS and 2nd Shift LSD as rewards for working on the retaining wall I'm putting up.

Both delicious.
thejoker101

Postby JEdmund » May 11th, 2016, 1:49 pm

Just came here to say... Founders Mosaic Promise is great! Will definitely be buying another sixer soon.
JEdmund

Postby patrick » May 12th, 2016, 5:32 pm

Image Campfire, horse blanket funk. Pretty much the most perfect funk that has ever existed in a beer.
patrick

PreviousNext

Return to General Beer Discussion