What are you drinking and what do you think about it?

General forum for all things beer.

Re: What are you drinking and what do you think about it?

Postby EricH » August 14th, 2016, 1:26 pm

I tried some Barmy from Ballast Point last night. I really liked quite a bit, it ended up being very drinkable, somehow. Good bit of apricot flavor, and not too sweet or honeyish. I'll probably pick up another bottle or two.
We've been too long American dreaming
I think we've all lost the way
Forlorn, somnambulistic, maniacal
In the dark
EricH

Postby bigpete » August 15th, 2016, 10:47 pm

Lagunitas 12th of never, first can I have had from them and one of the few beers I have had that didnt taste like everything they make, but its all onion
bigpete

Postby Bobby Digital » August 16th, 2016, 1:51 pm

patrick wrote:[ig]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12592434/mg.jpg[/img] Campfire, horse blanket funk. Pretty much the most perfect funk that has ever existed in a beer.

Damn I missed the memo. I had the 99 years ago and it wasn't very good.
Bobby Digital

Postby EricH » August 24th, 2016, 6:57 pm

I picked up a Stone mixed 12-pack recently, mostly because I was curious about the new Citrusy Wit. Whoops. All 3 of those bottles ended up being drain poured. Apparently I really don't like kaffir lime leaf in beer. My wife said that it tastes like she accidentally drank some sort of cleaning product, which I would have to agree with. It was nice to try the Sublimely Self-Righteous again, though, that stuff is great. I would put it up there with Wookey Jack for best Black IPA that is available in this area.
In the dark
EricH

Postby hopmolester69 » August 25th, 2016, 9:40 pm

border BA river pirate. aged 6 months. pretty damn impressive for 6 months.
hopmolester69

Postby Kevanyon » August 26th, 2016, 7:01 am

hopmolester69 wrote:border BA river pirate. aged 6 months. pretty damn impressive for 6 months.

You mean Double Shift right?
Kevanyon

Postby EricH » September 3rd, 2016, 11:32 pm

I cracked my Stone Enjoy After 7-4-16 Brett IPA tonight. I am either really not in the mood for a Brett beer, or this stuff just completely blows. It's like a bad homebrew attempt at Blvd Saison Brett. Whatever phenols this thing is throwing off (and its got a LOT) are all bandaid and garbage. Down the drain it goes.

To balance that out, I will mention that I also tried some of the new batch of w00tstout earlier in the week, and it was amazing. I will pick up some more of that the next time I see it, for sure.

And apparently I am compelled to only give my opinion on beer from San Diego these days.
In the dark
EricH

Postby tuckner » September 10th, 2016, 1:49 pm

Had Big Bro from Martin City last night and while the scotch barrel didn't blow me away, the base beer is great and $12 crowlers is a steal.

Trying deachutes hopzeit right now and really surprised. Awesome juicy honeydew melon flavor
tuckner

Postby Stringer_bell » December 30th, 2016, 2:07 pm

Opened up a few things over Christmas that I figured I'd share. Plus, I always liked this thread but it doesn't seem to get much love these days.

Anyways about the beers:

Lost Abbey Cuvee de Tomme (2012 Vintage) - This beer was phenomenal. My first time having it and I was really impressed. Reminded me a bit of a Cherry Tootsie Pop. Just a little bit of tartness on the back end. Very enjoyable.

Founders KBS (2013) - I posted about this in the Drink It Now thread but to me this had lost all of the qualities I enjoy in a fresh KBS which at almost 4 years old is expected. Not much to it, some chocolate still present but the coffee and bourbon notes are gone.

Prairie Artisan Ales BA Bomb! (late 2015 - early 2016? release) - Really great beer. The peppers and barrel were still very much present. I love the OG Bomb! and I'm not sure how much the barrel aging adds to this. I think I prefer regular Bomb! to the BA version but this was tasty nonetheless.

Cheers!
Stringer_bell

Postby dansb » January 9th, 2017, 7:42 pm

High west ified 2016. I am not a coffee beer person but this easily lived up the the hype. Wish i had found a sixer.

Looking to see if i have any kbs to compare as i think it is better.
dansb

PreviousNext

Return to General Beer Discussion