What are you drinking and what do you think about it?

General forum for all things beer.

Re: What are you drinking and what do you think about it?

Postby EricH » August 14th, 2016, 1:26 pm

I tried some Barmy from Ballast Point last night. I really liked quite a bit, it ended up being very drinkable, somehow. Good bit of apricot flavor, and not too sweet or honeyish. I'll probably pick up another bottle or two.
EricH

Postby bigpete » August 15th, 2016, 10:47 pm

Lagunitas 12th of never, first can I have had from them and one of the few beers I have had that didnt taste like everything they make, but its all onion
bigpete

Postby Bobby Digital » August 16th, 2016, 1:51 pm

patrick wrote:[ig]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12592434/mg.jpg[/img] Campfire, horse blanket funk. Pretty much the most perfect funk that has ever existed in a beer.

Damn I missed the memo. I had the 99 years ago and it wasn't very good.
Bobby Digital

Postby EricH » August 24th, 2016, 6:57 pm

I picked up a Stone mixed 12-pack recently, mostly because I was curious about the new Citrusy Wit. Whoops. All 3 of those bottles ended up being drain poured. Apparently I really don't like kaffir lime leaf in beer. My wife said that it tastes like she accidentally drank some sort of cleaning product, which I would have to agree with. It was nice to try the Sublimely Self-Righteous again, though, that stuff is great. I would put it up there with Wookey Jack for best Black IPA that is available in this area.
EricH

Postby hopmolester69 » August 25th, 2016, 9:40 pm

border BA river pirate. aged 6 months. pretty damn impressive for 6 months.
hopmolester69

Postby Kevanyon » August 26th, 2016, 7:01 am

hopmolester69 wrote:border BA river pirate. aged 6 months. pretty damn impressive for 6 months.

You mean Double Shift right?
Kevanyon

Postby EricH » September 3rd, 2016, 11:32 pm

I cracked my Stone Enjoy After 7-4-16 Brett IPA tonight. I am either really not in the mood for a Brett beer, or this stuff just completely blows. It's like a bad homebrew attempt at Blvd Saison Brett. Whatever phenols this thing is throwing off (and its got a LOT) are all bandaid and garbage. Down the drain it goes.

To balance that out, I will mention that I also tried some of the new batch of w00tstout earlier in the week, and it was amazing. I will pick up some more of that the next time I see it, for sure.

And apparently I am compelled to only give my opinion on beer from San Diego these days.
EricH

Postby tuckner » September 10th, 2016, 1:49 pm

Had Big Bro from Martin City last night and while the scotch barrel didn't blow me away, the base beer is great and $12 crowlers is a steal.

Trying deachutes hopzeit right now and really surprised. Awesome juicy honeydew melon flavor
tuckner

Postby Stringer_bell » December 30th, 2016, 2:07 pm

Opened up a few things over Christmas that I figured I'd share. Plus, I always liked this thread but it doesn't seem to get much love these days.

Anyways about the beers:

Lost Abbey Cuvee de Tomme (2012 Vintage) - This beer was phenomenal. My first time having it and I was really impressed. Reminded me a bit of a Cherry Tootsie Pop. Just a little bit of tartness on the back end. Very enjoyable.

Founders KBS (2013) - I posted about this in the Drink It Now thread but to me this had lost all of the qualities I enjoy in a fresh KBS which at almost 4 years old is expected. Not much to it, some chocolate still present but the coffee and bourbon notes are gone.

Prairie Artisan Ales BA Bomb! (late 2015 - early 2016? release) - Really great beer. The peppers and barrel were still very much present. I love the OG Bomb! and I'm not sure how much the barrel aging adds to this. I think I prefer regular Bomb! to the BA version but this was tasty nonetheless.

Cheers!
Stringer_bell

Postby dansb » January 9th, 2017, 7:42 pm

High west ified 2016. I am not a coffee beer person but this easily lived up the the hype. Wish i had found a sixer.

Looking to see if i have any kbs to compare as i think it is better.
dansb

PreviousNext

Return to General Beer Discussion