What are you drinking and what do you think about it?

General forum for all things beer.

Re: What are you drinking and what do you think about it?

Postby hopmolester69 » January 22nd, 2018, 9:05 am

theisti wrote:Flora Obscura draft at The Burg & Barrel. I really liked this beer, cool Porter, Brown Ale, Black IPA sort of mashup.

i was also surprised how crushable and refreshing this beer was. its a winner
hopmolester69

Postby ReedM » January 22nd, 2018, 9:12 am

hopmolester69 wrote:
theisti wrote:Flora Obscura draft at The Burg & Barrel. I really liked this beer, cool Porter, Brown Ale, Black IPA sort of mashup.

I remember a certain BLVD employee referring to black ipa's as "bullsh*t hoppy porters" years back, so I thought it was intriguing when they finally released a dry hopped porter :lol:
Beer Curator @ Royal Liquors
1301 W 103rd Street
ReedM

Postby hopmolester69 » January 22nd, 2018, 12:04 pm

i really liked wookie jack? is that the firestone black ipa?
hopmolester69

Postby Jake1605 » January 22nd, 2018, 1:38 pm

ReedM wrote:
hopmolester69 wrote:

I remember a certain BLVD employee referring to black ipa's as "bullsh*t hoppy porters" years back, so I thought it was intriguing when they finally released a dry hopped porter :lol:

Same guy that in 2008 told me that sour beers will never be popular and 3-4 years later that professional brewers would never back an unfiltered hazy IPA, and if I want to drink juice that I can get orange juice at the supermarket. Big group of people laughed at that one, probably all hunting the latest juicebomb right now.
Jake1605

Postby hopmolester69 » January 22nd, 2018, 3:37 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kind of funny, but I add fresh OJ to an IPA that I am having a hard time drinking.
hopmolester69

Postby KCOptimator » January 22nd, 2018, 4:27 pm

Boulevard BA Messenger Spiced Mocha Stout. I think this is the best stout Boulevard has produced to date. Thick and rich, with coffee bitterness to balance out the richness. I wish the cinnamon was more prominent. If I didn’t know it was there, I’m not sure I’d pick it out. Overall, I’m super impressed and this almost makes me forget about the Stout X series, which turned me off buying Boulevard bottles.
KCOptimator

Postby hopmolester69 » January 24th, 2018, 10:37 pm

high west victory at sea..

light mouthfeel... but roasty and chocolaty. ... tad bit O' oak... tiny bit of coconut... but pretty solid! if you picked this up you made a good choice!
hopmolester69

Postby Jake1605 » January 25th, 2018, 12:25 am

KCOptimator wrote:Boulevard BA Messenger Spiced Mocha Stout. I think this is the best stout Boulevard has produced to date. Thick and rich, with coffee bitterness to balance out the richness. I wish the cinnamon was more prominent. If I didn’t know it was there, I’m not sure I’d pick it out. Overall, I’m super impressed and this almost makes me forget about the Stout X series, which turned me off buying Boulevard bottles.

Was this bottled?
Jake1605

Postby KCOptimator » January 25th, 2018, 10:29 pm

Jake1605 wrote:
KCOptimator wrote:Boulevard BA Messenger Spiced Mocha Stout. I think this is the best stout Boulevard has produced to date. Thick and rich, with coffee bitterness to balance out the richness. I wish the cinnamon was more prominent. If I didn’t know it was there, I’m not sure I’d pick it out. Overall, I’m super impressed and this almost makes me forget about the Stout X series, which turned me off buying Boulevard bottles.

Was this bottled?

No, very small batch, draft only.
KCOptimator

Postby dansb » January 25th, 2018, 10:52 pm

Got nailed by a prank today.

Given a tulip of beer and told it was a light wit.

Beer cooment: not bad... tastes like a wit lager.

Mother f'ing bud light. Even after being told lager I said miller light. I havent had anything from the bud/bud light or well light beer spectrum in 5+ years. Perception is a killer and tulips make stuff taste better. Not as bad as I remember. But damn the mind plays tricks when you trust what you are being given.
dansb

PreviousNext

Return to General Beer Discussion