What are you drinking and what do you think about it?

General forum for all things beer.
ReedM
Posts: 828
Joined: February 14th, 2014, 6:50 am

Re: What are you drinking and what do you think about it?

Post by ReedM » January 22nd, 2018, 9:12 am

hopmolester69 wrote:
theisti wrote:Flora Obscura draft at The Burg & Barrel. I really liked this beer, cool Porter, Brown Ale, Black IPA sort of mashup.
i was also surprised how crushable and refreshing this beer was. its a winner
I remember a certain BLVD employee referring to black ipa's as "bullsh*t hoppy porters" years back, so I thought it was intriguing when they finally released a dry hopped porter :lol:
Beer Curator @ Royal Liquors
1301 W 103rd Street

User avatar
hopmolester69
Posts: 860
Joined: November 24th, 2014, 1:20 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA
Contact:

Re: What are you drinking and what do you think about it?

Post by hopmolester69 » January 22nd, 2018, 12:04 pm

i really liked wookie jack? is that the firestone black ipa?

Jake1605
Posts: 1923
Joined: December 11th, 2013, 5:07 pm

Re: What are you drinking and what do you think about it?

Post by Jake1605 » January 22nd, 2018, 1:38 pm

ReedM wrote:
hopmolester69 wrote:
theisti wrote:Flora Obscura draft at The Burg & Barrel. I really liked this beer, cool Porter, Brown Ale, Black IPA sort of mashup.
i was also surprised how crushable and refreshing this beer was. its a winner
I remember a certain BLVD employee referring to black ipa's as "bullsh*t hoppy porters" years back, so I thought it was intriguing when they finally released a dry hopped porter :lol:
Same guy that in 2008 told me that sour beers will never be popular and 3-4 years later that professional brewers would never back an unfiltered hazy IPA, and if I want to drink juice that I can get orange juice at the supermarket. Big group of people laughed at that one, probably all hunting the latest juicebomb right now.

User avatar
hopmolester69
Posts: 860
Joined: November 24th, 2014, 1:20 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA
Contact:

Re: What are you drinking and what do you think about it?

Post by hopmolester69 » January 22nd, 2018, 3:37 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kind of funny, but I add fresh OJ to an IPA that I am having a hard time drinking.

KCOptimator
Posts: 175
Joined: January 9th, 2015, 5:55 pm

Re: What are you drinking and what do you think about it?

Post by KCOptimator » January 22nd, 2018, 4:27 pm

Boulevard BA Messenger Spiced Mocha Stout. I think this is the best stout Boulevard has produced to date. Thick and rich, with coffee bitterness to balance out the richness. I wish the cinnamon was more prominent. If I didn’t know it was there, I’m not sure I’d pick it out. Overall, I’m super impressed and this almost makes me forget about the Stout X series, which turned me off buying Boulevard bottles.

User avatar
hopmolester69
Posts: 860
Joined: November 24th, 2014, 1:20 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA
Contact:

Re: What are you drinking and what do you think about it?

Post by hopmolester69 » January 24th, 2018, 10:37 pm

high west victory at sea..

light mouthfeel... but roasty and chocolaty. ... tad bit O' oak... tiny bit of coconut... but pretty solid! if you picked this up you made a good choice!

Jake1605
Posts: 1923
Joined: December 11th, 2013, 5:07 pm

Re: What are you drinking and what do you think about it?

Post by Jake1605 » January 25th, 2018, 12:25 am

KCOptimator wrote:Boulevard BA Messenger Spiced Mocha Stout. I think this is the best stout Boulevard has produced to date. Thick and rich, with coffee bitterness to balance out the richness. I wish the cinnamon was more prominent. If I didn’t know it was there, I’m not sure I’d pick it out. Overall, I’m super impressed and this almost makes me forget about the Stout X series, which turned me off buying Boulevard bottles.
Was this bottled?

KCOptimator
Posts: 175
Joined: January 9th, 2015, 5:55 pm

Re: What are you drinking and what do you think about it?

Post by KCOptimator » January 25th, 2018, 10:29 pm

Jake1605 wrote:
KCOptimator wrote:Boulevard BA Messenger Spiced Mocha Stout. I think this is the best stout Boulevard has produced to date. Thick and rich, with coffee bitterness to balance out the richness. I wish the cinnamon was more prominent. If I didn’t know it was there, I’m not sure I’d pick it out. Overall, I’m super impressed and this almost makes me forget about the Stout X series, which turned me off buying Boulevard bottles.
Was this bottled?
No, very small batch, draft only.

dansb
Posts: 447
Joined: February 27th, 2014, 12:09 pm

Re: What are you drinking and what do you think about it?

Post by dansb » January 25th, 2018, 10:52 pm

Got nailed by a prank today.

Given a tulip of beer and told it was a light wit.

Beer cooment: not bad... tastes like a wit lager.

Mother f'ing bud light. Even after being told lager I said miller light. I havent had anything from the bud/bud light or well light beer spectrum in 5+ years. Perception is a killer and tulips make stuff taste better. Not as bad as I remember. But damn the mind plays tricks when you trust what you are being given.

User avatar
hopmolester69
Posts: 860
Joined: November 24th, 2014, 1:20 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA
Contact:

Re: What are you drinking and what do you think about it?

Post by hopmolester69 » January 26th, 2018, 6:02 pm

Jake1605 wrote:
KCOptimator wrote:Boulevard BA Messenger Spiced Mocha Stout. I think this is the best stout Boulevard has produced to date. Thick and rich, with coffee bitterness to balance out the richness. I wish the cinnamon was more prominent. If I didn’t know it was there, I’m not sure I’d pick it out. Overall, I’m super impressed and this almost makes me forget about the Stout X series, which turned me off buying Boulevard bottles.
Was this bottled?
I am drinking this right now....the fact that I had to ask myself “I wonder what this would taste like if they barrel aged it?” says it all. It’s the best stout offering they’ve had recently and if “Aztec X” tasted like this I might have busted a nut. But it didn’t, and now I have 2oz of Beer left that I’m pouring down the sink. :slow clap:

Post Reply