ISO: ball lock keg

Anything and everything regarding homebrewing.
Jwrusse22

ISO: ball lock keg

Post by Jwrusse22 » March 5th, 2014, 6:07 pm

Wanted to see if anyone was trying to unload a ball-lock keg because I am definitely in need of one. PM if you can help me out.

johnf

Re: ISO: ball lock keg

Post by johnf » March 6th, 2014, 4:04 pm

I don't have one but a little bit of unsolicited advice, if you are not already invested in the ball lock format I would strongly recommend pin lock kegs. A year or so ago I sold my ball lock kegs to some friends for $25 and they seemed extremely thrilled at that price which I chose because it was the highest price I ever paid for a keg. Ball lock kegs are drying up and it is not going to be a fun market to be a buyer in in the future. I imagine within two years the price difference between new (these are getting cheaper) and used will be pretty slim.

keezer

Re: ISO: ball lock keg

Post by keezer » March 6th, 2014, 6:14 pm

johnf wrote:I don't have one but a little bit of unsolicited advice, if you are not already invested in the ball lock format I would strongly recommend pin lock kegs.
This is great advice. Prices for ball-lock kegs have jumped $15-20 or more in only a year--if you can find them at all. Fortunately I stockpiled before that happened.

Two additional options if keg dimensions are not an issue in your system:

1) Buy pin lock and install a conversion kit: http://www.cornykeg.com/store.asp?pid=31342
2) Just buy some pin lock quick disconnects and install them on your lines using swivel nuts, so you can easily switch between BL and PL disconnects if needed.