Let's go broke and start a brewery.

Anything and everything regarding homebrewing.

Re: Let's go broke and start a brewery.

Postby EricH » August 28th, 2015, 11:53 am

I apologize for all the formatting weirdness, but I read this article written by a brewer for Stone some years ago, and thought it would be worth a mention:

http://www.ratebeer.com/feature/feb-20- ... rewer/149/
“Hope for the best. Expect the worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed.” ― Mel Brooks
EricH

Postby keezer » August 28th, 2015, 12:03 pm

flip wrote:But there is a difference between keeping the lights on, and having a line out the door every day when you open like high quality breweries. I'm not sure what that has to do with a couple homebrewers wanting to open a nanobrewery, but that's where the conversation went so I thought it was an interesting distinction to make.

The thread started as a call for people to come together to support starting a nano-brewery.

My question was intended to seek clarification regarding part of the venture that I personally would consider essential if I were to support something like this: who's the brewer and is their stuff legit (i.e., solid and respectable)? A perfectly valid question if one is to support something like this.

I have actually been wanting to invest in a brewery (although haven't discussed this with my wife :| ). I would only do so, however, if I know the stuff is legit--along with a solid business plan and all that mumbo jumbo.
keezer

Postby JRBoulevard_KC » August 28th, 2015, 10:07 pm

Ummmmmm, I'm gonna tell Laura! ;)
JRBoulevard_KC

Postby schumed » September 1st, 2015, 10:09 am

Give this a read before going for it

http://brewers.informz.net/informzdatas ... A2NzAxMTM2
schumed

Postby NightWolf » October 12th, 2015, 10:58 pm

We have been playing with this idea for a bit, even ran across someone on the city council for shawnee ks a while back that had warehouse space in downtown shawnee area if i remember correctly ...
NightWolf

Previous

Return to Homebrewing