Do you Homebrew?

Anything and everything regarding homebrewing.

On Average, approximately how many batches to you brew per year

0 (I don't homebrew)
29%
1-5
17%
6-10
25%
11-15
8%
16-20
4%
20+
17%

Total votes : 24

Do you Homebrew?

Postby keezer » July 11th, 2015, 10:47 am

Hopmolester's post about starting a nanobrewery made me curious about how many serious homebrewers are active on this board.
keezer

Re: Do you Homebrew?

Postby keezer » July 11th, 2015, 10:55 am

I'm in the 20+ range. I brew across the spectrum of ales, with my main emphasis on American and English styles. I've brewed 81 batches since I started in Nov 2011. All but three have been all-grain, using the batch sparge technique. I have a 6 tap keezer and a small chest freezer that's dedicated to hops. I recently built a 4 tap jockey box for pouring at fests. I'm not really into competitions, although judging is fun. Also, I started a club a year ago and we now have 39 paid members and are registered as a non-profit.
keezer

Postby keezer » July 13th, 2015, 1:07 pm

Homebrewers: share some info about yourself. What styles do you like to brew? What brewing method do you use? How long have you been brewing? How has homebrewing influenced your appreciation of craft beer? Etc..
keezer

Postby NightWolf » September 10th, 2015, 11:24 am

Ive been brewing less than year and also playing around with the idea of starting a brewery with my brew buddy. In the last 4 months we have probably produce over 50 gallons of beer and cider including 2 maybe 3 we feel are market ready or at least very close to that.
NightWolf

Postby schumed » September 11th, 2015, 8:06 am

I brew a lot...several times a month..all different styles. One of my goals is to medal a beer in every category..I'm half way there already. Just recently gotten into Sour beers and Barrel Aging. Currently have 7 active sour projects going totaling about 60 gallons...I also have 2 - 30 gallon barrels and a 10 gallon barrel aging beer. I have a 4 tap setup with another 10 kegs (1/6) ready to go. I try to do as many of the festivals as possible and compete a lot. Like Tim I also helped start a club in the Northland - Missouri Mashers.

I'm BIAB preacher...its the best method. Recently just purchased the Brew Boss system which is an automated EBIAB system. I still bust out the keggles to do large batches. My goal is in ten years is to open a brew pub / bbq joint once the kids have grown up and can work for me ;) Even though I've been brewing for 5 years still have a lot to learn (water chemistry and microbiology) I'm not the most technical brewer I'm more of a free spirit and go with the Relax have a homebrew mentality.
schumed

Return to Homebrewing