NKC Irish Competition

Anything and everything regarding homebrewing.

NKC Irish Competition

Postby schumed » January 7th, 2016, 9:02 am

I'm officially announcing a new competition for the Kansas City area, NKC Irish Competition. This is a BJCP sanction competition accepting category 15, Irish Beer. This includes the Irish Red Ale, Irish Stout, and Irish Export Stout. Registration site is now open. Entries are due March 5th. Drop off location is at Grain to Glass in North Kansas City. Let me know if you have any questions.

http://irishcomp.talkhops.com/
schumed

Re: NKC Irish Competition

Postby keezer » January 7th, 2016, 4:27 pm

Cool idea.

I'm curious how many of the judges have been to Ireland. The commercial examples we get in the States are not great--even the imported ones.
Tim
keezer

Postby schumed » January 8th, 2016, 8:41 am

keezer wrote:Cool idea.

I'm curious how many of the judges have been to Ireland. The commercial examples we get in the States are not great--even the imported ones.

I agree...but I've got Irish blood does the qualify me?
schumed

Postby beer4bill » January 8th, 2016, 8:51 am

keezer wrote:Cool idea.

Been there, along with England, Belgium, Germany and few other European countries. Based on the requirement to drink the beer in country, I'm not qualified for Chech Pils

Cheers!
beer4bill

Postby keezer » January 8th, 2016, 1:41 pm

beer4bill wrote:Been there, along with England, Belgium, Germany and few other European countries. Based on the requirement to drink the beer in country, I'm not qualified for Chech Pils

Who said anything about a requirement? Certainly would be helpful though--especially in a comp that's focused on these specific styles.
Tim
keezer

Postby beersavorer » February 20th, 2016, 8:05 am

Entries are being accepted for the Irish Competition at Grain to Glass (1611 Swift, NKC); March 5th is the deadline. Winners will be announced on Snake Saturday Eve (Friday, March 11th). There are only three style categories; see how your Irish beer rates! Winners will also be highlighted during the Parade, Saturday March 12th.
Attachments
Irish pint.jpg
Irish pint.jpg (3.38 KiB) Viewed 1141 times
beersavorer

Return to Homebrewing