KC Communal Sour Program

Anything and everything regarding homebrewing.

KC Communal Sour Program

Postby schumed » June 27th, 2016, 2:01 pm

I'm in the process of getting the local sour brewers together to start a communal sour program with the goal of producing sour beers mostly lambics. If you are interested let me know and I can get you added to the group.
schumed

Re: KC Communal Sour Program

Postby localbrewer » June 27th, 2016, 2:06 pm

Keep me updated if you would. I have been moving more into the sour brewing, mostly with Cider right now but I have done a few beers too.
localbrewer

Postby flip » June 27th, 2016, 2:10 pm

I'm interested. What's involved? Is it like a more focused homebrew club, or something else?

I mostly do pale sours (lambic-style). I've been slowly ramping up my carboy collection over the past few years so I have a variety of bases to blend with.
flip

Postby schumed » June 28th, 2016, 10:06 am

flip wrote:I'm interested. What's involved? Is it like a more focused homebrew club, or something else?

I mostly do pale sours (lambic-style). I've been slowly ramping up my carboy collection over the past few years so I have a variety of bases to blend with.

We haven't decided the direction to go yet but ideally yes it will be a new group with a structure so the project can continue successfully. At this stage we are just brain storming.

We actually have a few smaller groups that have projects going right now. I got the idea from a group in California that is now putting out 300 gallons of lambic a year...at the last festival they attended they had 17 different lambics available for sampling.
schumed

Postby keezer » June 29th, 2016, 10:47 pm

I'm pretty sure this sour thing is just a fad.
Tim
keezer

Postby EricH » June 30th, 2016, 12:20 am

keezer wrote:I'm pretty sure this sour thing is just a fad.

:lol: :lol:
Palaces, barricades, threats, meet promises
EricH

Return to Homebrewing