The Local Pig

Anything and everything regarding homebrewing.

The Local Pig

Postby johnf » February 23rd, 2012, 12:55 pm

Some of you had Chef Pope's food the other night and it was awesome. For the rest of you, while not directly beer related (though both owners are home brewers), The Local Pig is offering a free sausage to homebrewers who come in and given them a bottle of homebrew. The are in the East Bottoms and their grand opening (with food and beer being served) is March 3rd. So check them out and if you become a regular customer remember to bring up a bottle of beer each time you go. They are on twitter and facebook and all that stuff.
johnf

Re: The Local Pig

Postby csbosox » February 23rd, 2012, 9:56 pm

I'll be at the opening party. I'll take in a bottle of my West Coast Pale Ale.
csbosox

Re: The Local Pig

Postby johnf » February 26th, 2012, 3:37 pm

I'll be there too. Just got back from the whole hog butchering class. It was awesome. I highly recommend it even if you don't plan to ever butcher a hog (I don't). It is cool to see and participate in a pig getting broken down. They feed you awesome charctuerie/cheese/fruit/beer while you are there and send you home with a big box (10lbs) of extremely high quality pork.

The shop has a really cool feel. They have some benches and stuff so you can go down there and hang out for a while if you want.
johnf

Return to Homebrewing