Bourbon Thread

If it's not necessarily beer-related, post about it here.

Re: Bourbon Thread

Postby zmitts » July 20th, 2017, 4:19 pm

Saw on Facebook that Weller 12yr might have showed up in KS this week. Anyone seen it around? I tried a few places in my area (OP) and no one knew anything about it.
zmitts

Postby hopmolester69 » July 24th, 2017, 9:15 pm

zmitts wrote:Saw on Facebook that Weller 12yr might have showed up in KS this week. Anyone seen it around? I tried a few places in my area (OP) and no one knew anything about it.

i wonder if MO has it?
hopmolester69

Postby JSchock7 » July 28th, 2017, 9:18 am

zmitts wrote:Saw on Facebook that Weller 12yr might have showed up in KS this week. Anyone seen it around? I tried a few places in my area (OP) and no one knew anything about it.

We got it last week and it was the smallest allocation we've had in the past couple years. Didn't last long. Our liquor manager has been doing a whiskey newsletter letting people know about new bourbons and allocated bourbons and how he is releasing them. If anyone wants to sign up, come on by, it's up front with the cashiers.
Beer Manager at Lukas OP
JSchock7

Postby Barleywhiner » July 28th, 2017, 10:27 pm

JSchock7 wrote:

We got it last week and it was the smallest allocation we've had in the past couple years. Didn't last long. Our liquor manager has been doing a whiskey newsletter letting people know about new bourbons and allocated bourbons and how he is releasing them. If anyone wants to sign up, come on by, it's up front with the cashiers.

What store do you work at?
Barleywhiner

Postby JSchock7 » July 31st, 2017, 9:31 am

Barleywhiner wrote:
JSchock7 wrote:

What store do you work at?

Lukas OP
Beer Manager at Lukas OP
JSchock7

Postby hopmolester69 » August 16th, 2017, 9:38 pm

hopmolester69

Postby dansb » August 18th, 2017, 3:39 pm

Almost out of weller. What is a good budget bourbon these days that is relatively easy to get in Kansas or Colorado? Thinking I am not going to find more weller 12 any time soon. I will go ahead and say budget being sub $50/750ml with tax.
dansb

Postby bigpete » August 18th, 2017, 5:34 pm

dansb wrote:Almost out of weller. What is a good budget bourbon these days that is relatively easy to get in Kansas or Colorado? Thinking I am not going to find more weller 12 any time soon. I will go ahead and say budget being sub $50/750ml with tax.

Kentucky vintage XO it's the ugliest label but really good for $35
bigpete

Postby hwwty4 » August 20th, 2017, 3:23 pm

bigpete wrote:
dansb wrote:Almost out of weller. What is a good budget bourbon these days that is relatively easy to get in Kansas or Colorado? Thinking I am not going to find more weller 12 any time soon. I will go ahead and say budget being sub $50/750ml with tax.

Kentucky vintage XO it's the ugliest label but really good for $35

Just move to Weller Special Reserve. You can get it most places. Or if you like wheater, get a bottle of Larceny.
WALDO
hwwty4

Postby JSchock7 » August 20th, 2017, 3:45 pm

Have a small amount of Weller 107, a couple new Jeffersons Grand Selections, One finished in Sauternes Barrels and one in Pichon Baron Cask, and Barrel Rye Batch #1 at Lukas OP.
Beer Manager at Lukas OP
JSchock7

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic