Bourbon Thread

If it's not necessarily beer-related, post about it here.

Re: Bourbon Thread

Postby phisherman_77 » September 18th, 2017, 9:30 am

You can sell me limited bourbon if you want. I'll be happy to drink it. :)

I never cared much for selling hooch for straight cash.
phisherman_77

Postby hopmolester69 » September 18th, 2017, 10:11 pm

JSchock7 wrote:
bigpete wrote:
KCcyclone01 wrote:Pete or any of you guys see stores doing a gentlemen's agreement with Pappy? Where the liquor store manager breaks the bottle seal at the time of sale, to hinder the resale values. Heard this done at a few places, personally, I like the idea. This is regardless of price. Any views on it or seen similar things done?

Never been able to track any bottles down, but then again haven't looked that hard. Saw some 12 yr going for $1000 at a Colorado Liquor store.

It's completely illegal for an open bottle to leave a store, it happens tho, old lady with a bottle of wine, guys with broken arm/hand, I would never do it with a high end product tho. If you resale and I find out I will offer the product to another person next time, it's your bottle do what you like, but I know a few people on this forum that will never get any limited bourbon from my store ever again.

Same. Have had a couple regulars who were also big bourbon people. Sold them some of the limited stuff such as Pappy, Antique, etc. and then get screenshots of them up selling on the secondary market.

That's a freaking shame. People like that really kill the joy of enjoying a rare bourbon. Also its kind of shady to do that to your booze store hook up.
hopmolester69

Postby Barleywhiner » September 22nd, 2017, 4:59 am

bigpete wrote:
If you resale and I find out I will offer the product to another person next time, it's your bottle do what you like, but I know a few people on this forum that will never get any limited bourbon from my store ever again.

That would piss me off too. Total dick move.
Barleywhiner

Postby KCcyclone01 » September 22nd, 2017, 12:00 pm

So back on bourbon releases: Hopefully the bourbon drinkers are finding some good stuff around town today. Saw Blantons hit a few stores, Sazerac Rye, Colonel Taylor Blue/green label, and a few others on FB posts... Anyone else have any updates? or any retailers want to sell a nice bottle to a guy who will enjoy it and not sell it?
-Andrew
KCcyclone01

Postby hopmolester69 » September 25th, 2017, 9:32 pm

KCcyclone01 wrote:So back on bourbon releases: Hopefully the bourbon drinkers are finding some good stuff around town today. Saw Blantons hit a few stores, Sazerac Rye, Colonel Taylor Blue/green label, and a few others on FB posts... Anyone else have any updates? or any retailers want to sell a nice bottle to a guy who will enjoy it and not sell it?

ks or MO?
hopmolester69

Postby hopmolester69 » September 26th, 2017, 9:58 pm

scored a bottle of blantons, been seeing whistle pig on the shelf.... should i?
hopmolester69

Postby dansb » October 4th, 2017, 9:48 pm

Store down the street from me in co wants more for weller 12 than blantons.
dansb

Postby JSchock7 » October 14th, 2017, 6:16 pm

hopmolester69 wrote:scored a bottle of blantons, been seeing whistle pig on the shelf.... should i?

I've had the Boss Hog and the Straight Rye from Whistle Pig and both were pretty legit. With that said they were free samples from buddies and don't think I could shell out 100-200+ for one myself but definitely worth a try.
Beer Manager at Lukas OP
JSchock7

Postby hopmolester69 » October 15th, 2017, 7:34 pm

4 roses single barrel sitting on the shelf, full row of them at hy-vee englewood. picked up some belle meade and midwinters night dram a few days ago. thanks for the tip on the whistlepig jshock!! I'll see where someone has it behind the bar and get a pour and see if i want to throw some ducats at it.
hopmolester69

Postby hopmolester69 » October 16th, 2017, 10:07 am

Drank some more dickel no12.... wow... for being at such a low price point it sure is tasty!
hopmolester69

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic