Best whiskey for the money

If it's not necessarily beer-related, post about it here.

Re: Best whiskey for the money

Postby Rockchalkkc » April 6th, 2014, 9:38 pm

If you're willing to go as high as $100 I would have to say Redbreast Irish Whiskey. Its $50 at Gomers Midtown and is the best Irish whiskey I've ever had. The only other whiskeys I'd drink over it are Pappy or R L Weller 12 year but good luck finding those. If you can manage to track down a Weller 12 you should grab it, it is a great buy at $25/ bottle. It is as close to Pappy as you can get IMO.
Rockchalkkc

Postby mrblack08 » April 8th, 2014, 8:36 am

hwwty4 wrote:As a side note, I think their should be a "other booze besides beer" sub forum. I think there are probably several of us into other booze.

I'd be interested in this too.
The only people jealous of my cellar are teenagers.
mrblack08

Postby Bobby Digital » April 8th, 2014, 11:21 am

Rockchalkkc wrote:If you're willing to go as high as $100 I would have to say Redbreast Irish Whiskey. Its $50 at Gomers Midtown and is the best Irish whiskey I've ever had. The only other whiskeys I'd drink over it are Pappy or R L Weller 12 year but good luck finding those. If you can manage to track down a Weller 12 you should grab it, it is a great buy at $25/ bottle. It is as close to Pappy as you can get IMO.

Agreed on the Red Breast it's excellent. Their Cask Strength version is also amazing.
Bobby Digital

Postby clonesfan » April 8th, 2014, 12:04 pm

mrblack08 wrote:
hwwty4 wrote:As a side note, I think their should be a "other booze besides beer" sub forum. I think there are probably several of us into other booze.

I'd be interested in this too.

As am I... I enjoy a good Whiskey.
clonesfan

Postby EricH » April 8th, 2014, 3:00 pm

You guys are free to create whatever "other booze" threads you want here in OT. Go for it! I'm a single malt drinker myself, always enjoy some discussion on those that are affordable and tasty (for me that would be ~$65 or less).
EricH

Postby johnf » April 10th, 2014, 7:45 am

Rockchalkkc wrote:If you're willing to go as high as $100 I would have to say Redbreast Irish Whiskey. Its $50 at Gomers Midtown and is the best Irish whiskey I've ever had. The only other whiskeys I'd drink over it are Pappy or R L Weller 12 year but good luck finding those. If you can manage to track down a Weller 12 you should grab it, it is a great buy at $25/ bottle. It is as close to Pappy as you can get IMO.

Weller 12 is easy to get online for now. Specs ships cases of it, most places have a bottle limit.
johnf

Postby mrblack08 » April 11th, 2014, 8:56 am

johnf wrote:

Weller 12 is easy to get online for now. Specs ships cases of it, most places have a bottle limit.

I've seen WLW12 around town in a couple of spots, but it's getting really thin. It's probably my favorite bourbon under $40. I'm about to start buying all the bottles I see.
The only people jealous of my cellar are teenagers.
mrblack08

Postby dansb » April 17th, 2014, 8:04 pm

Just in case anyone still wants the Weller 12, gomers of kc has ~5 left. $32 with tax.
dansb

Postby thomas15 » April 17th, 2014, 8:06 pm

I'm also a fan of all the buffalo trace stuff named something else....
One not mentioned yet that is in my price range is Elmer t lee. It's probably the whiskey I drink the most of...
Torn Label Brewing Company
thomas15

Postby johnf » April 18th, 2014, 9:29 am

thomas15 wrote:I'm also a fan of all the buffalo trace stuff named something else....
One not mentioned yet that is in my price range is Elmer t lee. It's probably the whiskey I drink the most of...

I think the Buffalo Trace label is pretty good but between WL Weller and Eagle Rare they really dominate the under $30 market.
johnf

Previous

Return to Off-Topic