Go royals!

If it's not necessarily beer-related, post about it here.

Re: Go royals!

Postby JRBoulevard_KC » October 22nd, 2014, 12:48 pm

Mine was what are you drinking to give them some help!

Wootstout 2.0
Westy 12
2014 BBQ
GI Rare
Dark bourse BA plead the 5th

Was beyond happy.

Yeah, it's good to hang with a former head manger in stl! I brought the wootstout. ;)

Remember too back in '85 the Royals lost the 1st 2 at home. We got this!
JRBoulevard_KC

Postby midtownbeernerd » October 29th, 2014, 5:26 pm

27 outs away!
midtownbeernerd

Postby JRBoulevard_KC » October 29th, 2014, 6:18 pm

midtownbeernerd wrote:27 outs away!

1st 3 went amazingly well. We are winning this Damnit!!
JRBoulevard_KC

Postby keezer » October 29th, 2014, 10:36 pm

That was an amazing month! Easily the most fun I've had as a sports fan over such an extended period.

I know nobody wants to talk about this at this point and everyone in the media seems to be madly in love with Yost at the moment, but IMO coaching/management cost us the win tonight. We are in serious need of a hitting coach who can deeply instill plate discipline in these guys and a manager who is capable of making in-game adjustments that are not explicitly defined in "MLB Game Management for Dummies." Who didn't know the Giants were intentionally pitching high, because they know how our batters (except Cain) will swing at anything?

Yost said in the post game interview that he's not going to second guess any decisions that were made. What? Seriously? I'm afraid our manager needs to be managed better.

...end rant.

Also, Bumgarner needs a restraining order against Joe Buck.
keezer

Postby theisti » October 30th, 2014, 9:17 am

Yost has a history of being fired by a team despite getting said team to the playoffs.
theisti

Postby thomas15 » October 30th, 2014, 9:40 am

I am pretty heartbroken but that was an amazing season. Usually by this time I am on a strict NBA and NFL diet with league pass and fantasy football, but they have both been after thoughts. This was the most games I've attended in person since my early childhood. This was a great team to invest emotionally in even if it ended with a fucking gut punch. They seem to be in a great position going in to next year and I really hope they work things out with Butler in a way that makes sense for the club and for Bill. Seeing pictures of that guy having ribs for lunch and then scoring from first was hilarious and amazing. I know it will be business with Shields and its probably for the best, but we owe a thanks to that guy for coming in and help teach these kids how to be pros. His two years here could be a gift that keeps on giving.
And Yost. Opinions are sure to be everywhere on the guy. I'll just say i think we are stuck with each other and I think what he does for chemistry and attitude at least approaches making up for some mistakes here and there. Plate discipline has been a problem here for decades, far predating Yost. I like to think that some of the younger guys began to have more and more professional at bats as the playoffs continued. Moose especially. Bumgarner just was too much. He did things that other pitchers in the long history of baseball have never done before. Fuck that guy/Hats off to him.
Torn Label Brewing Company
thomas15

Previous

Return to Off-Topic