NBA 2014-2015

If it's not necessarily beer-related, post about it here.

NBA 2014-2015

Postby thomas15 » November 8th, 2014, 11:17 am

I know in the past some of you guys have talked NBA on here in an old thread. I'm a big fan and get league pass every year. Just wanted to create a space for discussion if anyone wanted, I really don't have a lot of folks to talk professional basketball with.
Last night was an exceptional slate of games with a lot of overtimes and a crazy Lance Stephenson bank in double overtime 3 game winner.

Anybody else watching?
Torn Label Brewing Company
thomas15
 
Posts: 1795
Joined: May 18th, 2012, 11:11 am
Location: westport

Re: NBA 2014-2015

Postby EricH » November 8th, 2014, 1:38 pm

Miami Heat fan here! I watch all of their network-televised games but don't get League Pass because I think it's too expensive. I pay some attention to the other good teams in the league (Spurs, Clippers, Thunder, Bulls, etc.) but don't usually watch entire games where the Heat aren't playing. I don't have any real stock in other teams, in other words.

All in all this should be a very interesting season with all the personnel changes that took place: Seeing if the Cavs can deliver, watching the Lakers tank the entire season, and so on, not to mention seeing how the Heat develop this year with Wade and Bosh taking center stage.
Palaces, barricades, threats, meet promises
User avatar
EricH
 
Posts: 2094
Joined: February 7th, 2012, 1:58 am
Location: OP, KS

Re: NBA 2014-2015

Postby thomas15 » November 8th, 2014, 1:56 pm

EricH wrote:Miami Heat fan here! I watch all of their network-televised games but don't get League Pass because I think it's too expensive. I pay some attention to the other good teams in the league (Spurs, Clippers, Thunder, Bulls, etc.) but don't usually watch entire games where the Heat aren't playing. I don't have any real stock in other teams, in other words.

All in all this should be a very interesting season with all the personnel changes that took place: Seeing if the Cavs can deliver, watching the Lakers tank the entire season, and so on, not to mention seeing how the Heat develop this year with Wade and Bosh taking center stage.


I think league pass is amazing value, but we probably come from different points of view. I dont have cable and I dont have any real specific teams allegiances. $199 for essentially november through june+ (they offer playoff replays now) works for me. If I already had cable I'd probably feel the same and just always catch the TNT and ESPN games.

The heat are an interesting team this year. Wade looks good but its early, hopefully he doesnt get injured, and i think bosh can be a stud this year. I like the Deng and McBob signings, but man, they need a point guard. I hope Napier can start taking most of the minutes...
The East in general is waaaay better. The Hornets, Bulls, Raptors, Heat, Cavs, and even the Hawks are legit teams. As a league pass subscriber it makes it great. It sucks when a certain amount of teams are unwatchable...
Torn Label Brewing Company
thomas15
 
Posts: 1795
Joined: May 18th, 2012, 11:11 am
Location: westport

Re: NBA 2014-2015

Postby theisti » November 10th, 2014, 9:22 am

Been a very interesting start to the year, I have league pass primarily to watch the Nuggets, though I have been really enjoying a bunch of teams this year. Elfrid Payton is fun to watch.
Last edited by theisti on June 5th, 2015, 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
theisti
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: February 9th, 2012, 7:51 am
Location: Leawood, KS

Re: NBA 2014-2015

Postby EricH » November 24th, 2014, 11:30 pm

Man, who would have guessed that even without Durant that OKC would be the 2nd-worst team in the league right now? Even the Lakers are one game ahead of 'em!

Same with Toronto, on the other side of the spectrum, best team in the NBA??
Palaces, barricades, threats, meet promises
User avatar
EricH
 
Posts: 2094
Joined: February 7th, 2012, 1:58 am
Location: OP, KS

Re: NBA 2014-2015

Postby DustinM » November 25th, 2014, 6:53 am

EricH wrote:Man, who would have guessed that even without Durant that OKC would be the 2nd-worst team in the league right now? Even the Lakers are one game ahead of 'em!

Same with Toronto, on the other side of the spectrum, best team in the NBA??

Playing without Westbrook as well. They look pretty ugly.
DustinM
 
Posts: 880
Joined: May 5th, 2013, 5:16 pm

Re: NBA 2014-2015

Postby theisti » November 25th, 2014, 7:50 am

DustinM wrote:
EricH wrote:Man, who would have guessed that even without Durant that OKC would be the 2nd-worst team in the league right now? Even the Lakers are one game ahead of 'em!

Same with Toronto, on the other side of the spectrum, best team in the NBA??

Playing without Westbrook as well. They look pretty ugly.


Their ball movement is awful.
User avatar
theisti
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: February 9th, 2012, 7:51 am
Location: Leawood, KS

Re: NBA 2014-2015

Postby thomas15 » November 25th, 2014, 11:07 am

I havent been watching OKC at all after trying once. Just bad basketball.
Toronto is really good. i really like they way the team is built for now and the future. They have some interesting high upside low risk deep bench guys. I thought Lou Williams was a great get at the team, but I didn't think it would be this good.
One thing I really didn't expect; I dont really enjoy watching the Cavs. Too many mouths to feed. I think they should make a move. Dion Waiters for Luc Mbah a Moute and a 2nd? Its also so hard to figure out their ideal starting 5. they have too many power forwards also. Kind of a frustrating team.
My unexpected favorite League pass team is Milwaukee. Their 3 Ot win versus the Nets is my favorite game of the year so far. The Greek Freak is amazing.
Torn Label Brewing Company
thomas15
 
Posts: 1795
Joined: May 18th, 2012, 11:11 am
Location: westport

Re: NBA 2014-2015

Postby theisti » November 25th, 2014, 12:27 pm

thomas15 wrote:................ League pass ...................


Technical question - has anyone gotten Condensed Game Replays to work? At first it took me to login in page, which didn't work. Now I get game unavailable due to technical difficulties. Chrome, windows.
User avatar
theisti
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: February 9th, 2012, 7:51 am
Location: Leawood, KS

Re: NBA 2014-2015

Postby thomas15 » November 25th, 2014, 2:47 pm

On Roku I have gotten them to work, but I don't like them at all. They skip plays and its way too fast for me.
Torn Label Brewing Company
thomas15
 
Posts: 1795
Joined: May 18th, 2012, 11:11 am
Location: westport

Next

Return to Off-Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

x