NBA Playoffs

If it's not necessarily beer-related, post about it here.
JRBoulevard_KC

Re: NBA Playoffs

Post by JRBoulevard_KC » June 19th, 2012, 9:00 pm

Yep, the Heat stormed back! Let's go Heat (tired of all the haters). This love child is just the right touch right now too...

johnf

Post by johnf » June 19th, 2012, 9:12 pm

This is where we figure out what Durant is made of.

JRBoulevard_KC

Post by JRBoulevard_KC » June 19th, 2012, 9:23 pm

johnf wrote:This is where we figure out what Durant is made of.

Apparently its where we see what Lebron is made of! And westbrook, wow.

EricH

Post by EricH » June 19th, 2012, 10:36 pm

Looks like I missed my prediction.

Thunder have really fallen apart in this series. If you'd told me that Westbrook and Durant would combine for 71 points tonight and OKC would still lose the game, I wouldn't have believed it. It's gotta be a combination of things, but I'm betting inexperience is a big factor, that and the pressure, which even got to Lebron last year, famously (but, again, only in the Finals -- he was unstoppable at both ends of the floor up to that point).

Oh, well. Go Heat!

Speaking of the Heat, in case anyone was not aware, they're coming to Sprint Center again for a pre-season game in October, and tickets are already on sale. Woohoo!
"Une Rochefort, c'est bien.
Deux Rochefort, c'est moins.
Trois Rochefort, faut pas le faire."

theisti

Post by theisti » June 20th, 2012, 4:36 am

EricH wrote:Looks like I missed my prediction.

Thunder have really fallen apart in this series. If you'd told me that Westbrook and Durant would combine for 71 points tonight and OKC would still lose the game, I wouldn't have believed it. It's gotta be a combination of things, but I'm betting inexperience is a big factor, that and the pressure, which even got to Lebron last year, famously (but, again, only in the Finals -- he was unstoppable at both ends of the floor up to that point).

Oh, well. Go Heat!

Speaking of the Heat, in case anyone was not aware, they're coming to Sprint Center again for a pre-season game in October, and tickets are already on sale. Woohoo!

I don't know if they've fallen apart - Coach Spo mentioned these games have come down to 4-5 plays. It seems like the Heat have made most of those plays. Perhaps its inexperience - that Westbrook foul on Chalmers after the great Battier tip from the jump ball is a great example. If OKC controls that, its a 3 pt game with Thunder ball and plenty of time.

beastiefan

Post by beastiefan » June 20th, 2012, 9:13 am

I think its coaching. Its your job as a coaching staff to make sure your players know NOT TO FOUL after Miami wins that tip. Similarly, the previous game Thunder had a chance to tie with a 3 and less than a minute left. They have a good defensive stop but then Scott Brooks just lets Westbrook run around and take a shot. While he was open, the better coaching move would have been to call a timeout and run a set play (better yet make sure your best player is the one taking the shot).

I think we can expect the Thunder to be back in the Finals next year and better prepared.

BTW, anyone else read that Scott Brooks turned down a 3-year 11 million dollar extension?
lips of faith is where great beers go to die
I am prefacing this by saying I am really not trying to be a downer.

EricH

Post by EricH » June 22nd, 2012, 8:39 am

Amazing. This series went the opposite way that I was expecting, almost 180 degrees. Great games, though, up until the last one anyway.

OKC will be back, of that I have no doubt.
"Une Rochefort, c'est bien.
Deux Rochefort, c'est moins.
Trois Rochefort, faut pas le faire."