Bourbon Thread

If it's not necessarily beer-related, post about it here.

Re: Bourbon Thread

Postby EricH » August 20th, 2017, 5:45 pm

dansb wrote:Almost out of weller. What is a good budget bourbon these days that is relatively easy to get in Kansas or Colorado? Thinking I am not going to find more weller 12 any time soon. I will go ahead and say budget being sub $50/750ml with tax.

Maker's Mark? Sorry if that's not helpful, I just know we sold a lot of that at Lukas when I worked there.
We've been too long American dreaming
I think we've all lost the way
Forlorn, somnambulistic, maniacal
In the dark
EricH

Postby JSchock7 » August 23rd, 2017, 10:40 am

dansb wrote:Almost out of weller. What is a good budget bourbon these days that is relatively easy to get in Kansas or Colorado? Thinking I am not going to find more weller 12 any time soon. I will go ahead and say budget being sub $50/750ml with tax.

I've always been a fan of 1792. Usually about $27-$30 depending on where you look.
Beer Manager at Lukas OP
JSchock7

Postby dansb » August 23rd, 2017, 7:48 pm

Picked up some special reserve for 20. Will pick one more from the suggestions. Thanks.
dansb

Postby Bobby Digital » August 24th, 2017, 5:24 pm

EricH wrote:

Maker's Mark? Sorry if that's not helpful, I just know we sold a lot of that at Lukas when I worked there.

Wait you worked at Lukas? Did I know that?
Bobby Digital

Postby EricH » August 24th, 2017, 6:38 pm

Bobby Digital wrote:Wait you worked at Lukas? Did I know that?

Yeah, you knew that. That was at the OP store, right at about the same time that the MO store first opened back in '05.

Stacey Lukas hired me when I told her that I knew more about beer than her entire staff combined and then got fired/quit herself (I never found out which) within like a month and a half. Then Harry decided out of the blue that after I'd been there for like 3 months that Brad and I both needed to cut our hair short or they were going to fire us.

Good times.
In the dark
EricH

Postby bigpete » August 24th, 2017, 7:18 pm

EricH wrote:

Yeah, you knew that. That was at the OP store, right at about the same time that the MO store first opened back in '05.

Stacey Lukas hired me when I told her that I knew more about beer than her entire staff combined and then got fired/quit herself (I never found out which) within like a month and a half. Then Harry decided out of the blue that after I'd been there for like 3 months that Brad and I both needed to cut our hair short or they were going to fire us.

Good times.

Wait which Brad?
bigpete

Postby EricH » August 24th, 2017, 7:30 pm

Isch. He complied because he got hired on as an assistant manager and had enough obligations to make quitting difficult, so there was no solidarity there.

I was just a lowly cashier so I told them to take this job and shove it.

So yeah, if any Lukas employees were wondering why you never run into me at your stores... 8-)
In the dark
EricH

Postby theLC » August 24th, 2017, 7:37 pm

EricH wrote:take this job and shove it.

I AIN'T WORKING HERE NO MORE! :twisted:
theLC

Postby Bobby Digital » August 30th, 2017, 2:01 pm

EricH wrote:

Good times.

That does sound familiar. I'm sure you told me midway through a big tasting so it didn't stick in my brain. The hair thing is pretty much the same which is dumb.
Bobby Digital

Postby hopmolester69 » September 10th, 2017, 6:31 pm

I'm going to be that guy....

Anyone got any idea how to score a pappy this year? I have been trying for a couple years, no dice! Thanks people
hopmolester69

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic