Bourbon Thread

If it's not necessarily beer-related, post about it here.

Re: Bourbon Thread

Postby Rockchalkkc » December 8th, 2017, 5:08 pm

Secondary pricing or something?
Rockchalkkc
 
Posts: 584
Joined: June 25th, 2013, 8:44 pm

Re: Bourbon Thread

Postby hopmolester69 » December 9th, 2017, 10:23 am

Rockchalkkc wrote:Secondary pricing or something?

im going there today so ill take a picture!
User avatar
hopmolester69
 
Posts: 822
Joined: November 24th, 2014, 1:20 pm
Location: Kansas City, MO

Re: Bourbon Thread

Postby govlady » December 12th, 2017, 12:21 am

I'm not big into Bourbon, but I have a buddy who's obsessed with Pappy, ORVW, etc. I have him in our secret Santa thing and was curious if there is a good site/place to trade beer for it?

Appreciate the help.

Bryan
govlady
 
Posts: 41
Joined: October 14th, 2015, 3:19 pm

Re: Bourbon Thread

Postby dansb » December 12th, 2017, 9:42 am

govlady wrote:I'm not big into Bourbon, but I have a buddy who's obsessed with Pappy, ORVW, etc. I have him in our secret Santa thing and was curious if there is a good site/place to trade beer for it?

Appreciate the help.

Bryan


Maybe set your sights to semi-attainable and go Weller 12?
dansb
 
Posts: 436
Joined: February 27th, 2014, 12:09 pm

Re: Bourbon Thread

Postby captainahab » December 12th, 2017, 10:01 am

hopmolester69 wrote:
Rockchalkkc wrote:You got an old rip from
Redx today?


No, but i think its still in the glass case.


Went up that day. They had "Old Ripy" not Old Rip. Thanks for the tip thought.
captainahab
 
Posts: 36
Joined: December 31st, 2013, 12:11 pm

Re: Bourbon Thread

Postby govlady » December 12th, 2017, 10:37 am

Right, but is there a good site for IP beer for whiskey trading? Or do these trades happen a decent amount on here?

Thanks, man.

dansb wrote:
govlady wrote:I'm not big into Bourbon, but I have a buddy who's obsessed with Pappy, ORVW, etc. I have him in our secret Santa thing and was curious if there is a good site/place to trade beer for it?

Appreciate the help.

Bryan


Maybe set your sights to semi-attainable and go Weller 12?
govlady
 
Posts: 41
Joined: October 14th, 2015, 3:19 pm

Re: Bourbon Thread

Postby phisherman_77 » December 12th, 2017, 12:23 pm

govlady wrote:Right, but is there a good site for IP beer for whiskey trading? Or do these trades happen a decent amount on here?


I think that one could normally set up a beer for bourbon trade without issue, but when you're talking about Pappy or BTAC products, you've ventured into a different area. These products are HIGHLY, HIGHLY sought after and the normal trader isn't going to trade you one unless you've got some major artillery. The secondary value of Pappy/BTAC is what drives this and beer traders often find themselves paying a "tax" in a way because honestly, the bourbons are typically harder to get than beers are.

Long story short, if you want to trade for any Pappy/BTAC, don't expect folks to openly offer it. You'll need to offer something big and hope that someone bites.
phisherman_77
 
Posts: 562
Joined: July 20th, 2012, 11:33 am

Re: Bourbon Thread

Postby govlady » December 12th, 2017, 1:20 pm

phisherman_77 wrote:
govlady wrote:Right, but is there a good site for IP beer for whiskey trading? Or do these trades happen a decent amount on here?


I think that one could normally set up a beer for bourbon trade without issue, but when you're talking about Pappy or BTAC products, you've ventured into a different area. These products are HIGHLY, HIGHLY sought after and the normal trader isn't going to trade you one unless you've got some major artillery. The secondary value of Pappy/BTAC is what drives this and beer traders often find themselves paying a "tax" in a way because honestly, the bourbons are typically harder to get than beers are.

Long story short, if you want to trade for any Pappy/BTAC, don't expect folks to openly offer it. You'll need to offer something big and hope that someone bites.


Thanks, man. I'll give it a shot.
govlady
 
Posts: 41
Joined: October 14th, 2015, 3:19 pm

Re: Bourbon Thread

Postby Bobby Digital » December 13th, 2017, 5:58 pm

govlady wrote:I'm not big into Bourbon, but I have a buddy who's obsessed with Pappy, ORVW, etc. I have him in our secret Santa thing and was curious if there is a good site/place to trade beer for it?

Appreciate the help.

Bryan

https://www.talkbeer.com/community/foru ... -stuff.19/
User avatar
Bobby Digital
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: February 9th, 2012, 9:19 am

Re: Bourbon Thread

Postby hopmolester69 » December 15th, 2017, 7:06 pm

captainahab wrote:
hopmolester69 wrote:
Rockchalkkc wrote:You got an old rip from
Redx today?


No, but i think its still in the glass case.


Went up that day. They had "Old Ripy" not Old Rip. Thanks for the tip thought.


Shit I’m sorry I seriously thought that was the bottle they were talking about! They were probably talking about old Rip van winkle ORVW. My bad!!!!!
User avatar
hopmolester69
 
Posts: 822
Joined: November 24th, 2014, 1:20 pm
Location: Kansas City, MO

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

x